Road Ahead for ArcGIS for Autocad

07-25-2022 04:51 PM
TedCronin
MVP Honored Contributor

Is there a Road Ahead for ArcGIS for Autocad, Near, Mid and far off term for functionality.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Randy_Garcia
Esri Contributor

At this point we don't have anything published and plans can change rapidly for the product. I think its something we should think about and will bring up for making something public. At this points some of the stuff we are exploring in no particular order or guarantee we will do it is

* Support further GIS nuances (GUID Field, subtype enhancements, further geometry support)

* Improvements to Attachments

* Related Records

* Branch Versioning

* Further Map layer support

* & more 

Vandal_WSU
New Contributor II

We are about to install the newest version, been using version 400 in AutoCAD Map 3D 2021 for a while.  Do you know of a good source for reviewing improvements?  I'd like to see a demo/tutorial of what the newest version offers.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
DanWade
Esri Contributor

Hello,

If you are looking for ArcGIS for AutoCAD's online help the following link will get you there starting on the "What's new in ArcGIS for AutoCAD".

I am thinking last years UC Technical video would be available or should be soon.

TedCronin
MVP Honored Contributor

Good.  We want to use A4A long term for the Future UN, TN, Fabric SOAs, and now just trying to get the workflows dialed in for Feature Services so it will be an option in addition to local generated DWG

0 Kudos