Select to view content in your preferred language

Consuming hosted Tile Layer from by ArcGIS for AutoCAD

Jump to solution
07-24-2023 11:30 AM
AidinArefi
New Contributor

We are trying to consume hosted Tile Layer (which is published on ArcGIS Online) in AutoCAD using ArcGIS for AutoCAD.

However, when I use ADD Data by URL, it shows that Unable to add data from this URL.

AidinArefi_0-1690223076214.png

Also, I could not find The tile layer in Add window of ArcGIS for AutoCAD.

(I could add Map Image Layer to AutoCAD)

Is there any solution for solving this issue.

Thanks in advance for your help.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
DanWade
Esri Contributor

Hello Aidin,

We appreciate your use of ArcGIS for AutoCAD. "Map image layers and imagery layers that support the export map capability are supported by ArcGIS for AutoCAD. Certain web layers such as tiled map layers and vector tile layers may not be supported." As you have found, the Add Data UI will filter out unsupported layers for the user. The following help documentation discusses this: Map layers and imagery layers

Now if the tiled image layer you are trying to add to ArcGIS for AutoCAD was created from your organization there is an alternative. When the imagery is published in ArcGIS Online simply publish the image layer as a dynamic image layer instead.

I hope this helps.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
DanWade
Esri Contributor

Hello Aidin,

We appreciate your use of ArcGIS for AutoCAD. "Map image layers and imagery layers that support the export map capability are supported by ArcGIS for AutoCAD. Certain web layers such as tiled map layers and vector tile layers may not be supported." As you have found, the Add Data UI will filter out unsupported layers for the user. The following help documentation discusses this: Map layers and imagery layers

Now if the tiled image layer you are trying to add to ArcGIS for AutoCAD was created from your organization there is an alternative. When the imagery is published in ArcGIS Online simply publish the image layer as a dynamic image layer instead.

I hope this helps.

AidinArefi
New Contributor

Thanks Dan

0 Kudos
mthompson
New Contributor III

Is there any way to view tile layers in AutoCAD if you don't have an Image for ArcGIS Online license? We are having a similar issue where entering the service URL gives an error "tile-only layers not supported". Could we add the mosaic dataset directly or something like that to get around it?

0 Kudos
DanWade
Esri Contributor

Hello @mthompson,

You will not be able to add a mosaic dataset to a drawing. ArcGIS for AutoCAD has no way to add any imagery layer other than those using dynamic service.

0 Kudos