ArcGIS for AutoCAD

01-27-2017 06:34 AM
DanJames
New Contributor II

I am new to setting up the ability for AutoCAD to use the ArcGIS capability. Right now I have a webmap that allows users to edit the feature classes within the service. With that I was asked to make this capable straight out of AutoCAD. From what I can read, when the feature service is editable (which the online map clearly shows it is editable) AutoCAD can hook up to the feature service, edit the attributes, then synchronize changes straight into the ArcGIS feature class.

However, the features that are manipulated  within AutoCAD are only local and cannot be synchronized back into the ArcGIS feature class. After further investigation, I found that the "edit" checkbox on the feature capability had to be marked. I went into the feature services capability and ensured that there is no checkbox for "edit." 

How am I to get AutoCAD the capability to directly edit the feature class and for the feature class to accept those changes upon synchronizing the two?

Program version reference: AutoCAD 2016. ArcGIS 10.3. ArcGIS for AutoCAD 355.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Reply
DanJames
New Contributor II

In one further step, this is what I think I am trying to do:

What is ArcGIS for AutoCAD?

Feature services

Feature services in ArcGIS for AutoCAD give you access to the vector geometry in maps published with ArcGIS for Server. Features are represented as AutoCAD objects, placed on distinct drawing layers, and organized as feature classes. You can edit the features using standard AutoCAD commands, and push your changes back to the server to the source enterprise geodatabase if you have write permissions.

0 Kudos