ArcGIS for AutoCAD 2016?

Jump to solution
09-29-2015 02:03 PM
IanBroad
New Contributor III

Will there be an ArcGIS for AutoCAD 2016? If so, any idea on the release date?

I just updated to 2016, and I didn't think about the ArcGIS for AutoCAD breaking. The latest version on the downloads page is for 2015.

ArcGIS for AutoCAD | Download

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
DonKuehne
Esri Contributor

The ArcGIS for AutoCAD 375 Release will likely be some time this winter and will include be certified for AutoCAD 2016.  However the current versions seems to work just fine with AutoCAD 2016, as is.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
DonKuehne
Esri Contributor

The ArcGIS for AutoCAD 375 Release will likely be some time this winter and will include be certified for AutoCAD 2016.  However the current versions seems to work just fine with AutoCAD 2016, as is.

IanBroad
New Contributor III

Interesting. I tried the 2015 version, and it doesn't work with AutoCAD 2016 for me.

0 Kudos
DonKuehne
Esri Contributor

The install won't necessarily work but you can copy the resulting program files and use/copy them from an existing install of 2015-2013.  Be sure that the OS matches and that you are using the 64bit version or 32bit version. 

0 Kudos
IanBroad
New Contributor III

Alright, I think I figured it out.

Here's the error message I was getting when I started ArcGIS for AutoCAD:

DLL.PNG

I just copied the ArcGISForAutoCAD.dll from the ArcGIS for AutoCAD 350 root folder to the AutoCAD 2016 root folder, and it loads the ribbon now. I haven't tested any further than that.