Why does Field Maps save the Web Map in Map Viewer Classic?

Jump to solution
04-21-2022 03:35 AM
ZoeBroek
Occasional Contributor

When creating Web Maps I always use the (new) Map Viewer. These maps are then used to configure forms in Field Maps. However when I edit the forms in Field Maps and then go on to make changes to my Web Map it gives me the following message: 

20220421 Fieldmap saves as classic webmap.JPG

That's why I started wondering why it saves my maps in Map Viewer Classic style. My primary map viewer settings are set to Map Viewer. 

Does anyone know why? And perhaps how I can change this? 

- Zoë

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
CraigGillgrass
Esri Regular Contributor

Thanks @Trippetoe yes, you will see this with Online as well.

I'll talk to the Map Viewer team and see if we can remove this message for maps saved by Field Maps.  You can safely either, check the checkbox to not see the dialog again or save the map.  Field Maps is not writing anything different from the new Map Viewer.

Craig

View solution in original post

4 Replies
CraigGillgrass
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi @ZoeBroek are you using Enterprise?  If so, which release?

0 Kudos
Trippetoe
Occasional Contributor III

Hi @CraigGillgrass 

I am using AGOL and I see the exact same behavior. 

If the 'last save' of my map was done in the Field Maps app, i get the dialog Zoe describes when i next save the map in the (new) web map viewer.  If the 'last save' was in the (new) web map viewer, the dialog does not appear upon Saving.

CraigGillgrass
Esri Regular Contributor

Thanks @Trippetoe yes, you will see this with Online as well.

I'll talk to the Map Viewer team and see if we can remove this message for maps saved by Field Maps.  You can safely either, check the checkbox to not see the dialog again or save the map.  Field Maps is not writing anything different from the new Map Viewer.

Craig

ZoeBroek
Occasional Contributor

Hi Craig, 

Thank you for the quick response! 

I'm also using ArcGIS Online only. If it doesn't alter the map in any way I can now check the checkbox without doubt! 

0 Kudos