Select to view content in your preferred language

What are the restrictions on Field Maps map authoring and layer configurations for owners/non-owners?

04-28-2023 08:48 AM
Tiff
by
Frequent Contributor

I am noticing that the privileges for working in Field Maps are limited depending on whether you own the layer and/or the map and it poses difficulty for projects involving collaboration across teams/people.

For example, if you own the layer but not the map, you can't edit the form configuration in Field Maps Designer. You also then can't save the configuration to the layer. If you own the map and not the layer, you are not able to change default and templates within Field Maps Designer for that layer.

Before I submit an idea/enhancement I am wondering if this is a limitation to Field Maps or something I am just not aware of. Anyone else experience a similar issue, or have a workaround for this?

0 Kudos
2 Replies
DougBrowning
MVP Esteemed Contributor
0 Kudos
Tiff
by
Frequent Contributor

We have one set up to link between our Portal and AGOL organization, but I don't think this addresses the issue above (capabilities based on ownership). Something like the Shared Update Group might be a possibility but it may not also address the question above.

0 Kudos