Select to view content in your preferred language

What are the Field Maps notifications on the desktop icon?

Jump to solution
09-11-2024 11:39 AM
IngridHogle
Frequent Contributor

On my Android desktop icon I get little numeric notifications in a red circle on the top right of the Field Maps icon, such as the 5 in the attached screenshot clip. What do these mean? 

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ColinLawrence
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi @IngridHogle , those would typically mean there is a notification that has not been cleared. In my experience that notification is typically tied to a map area download and sync process. If you swipe down from the top of your device, to show the notification tray, you will likely see some Field Maps notifications there. You can swipe them away individual or clear all of your notifications at once. 

Regards,
Colin

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
ColinLawrence
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi @IngridHogle , those would typically mean there is a notification that has not been cleared. In my experience that notification is typically tied to a map area download and sync process. If you swipe down from the top of your device, to show the notification tray, you will likely see some Field Maps notifications there. You can swipe them away individual or clear all of your notifications at once. 

Regards,
Colin
0 Kudos
IngridHogle
Frequent Contributor

Ah! Thank you. Sure enough, it was notifying me that I'd synchronized my offline area 5x yesterday. I cleared those notifications using the method you explained and have no more notifications on my Field Maps icon, now. 🙂

0 Kudos