View photos attached to records in Field Maps (without having to edit the record)?

Jump to solution
07-14-2021 08:24 PM
BronwenHughes
New Contributor III

We have a team of 7 field staff who use Field Maps on Apple iPads to collect data relating to weeds. It appears that the only way to tell if an existing record has photo attachments is to edit the point / line / polygon. Photo attachments are currently not displayed if the record is simply selected  - i.e. there is no indication if a record has attachments or not until it is edited.

This is an issue as data may be accidentally changed / deleted.

Can you please tell me if there is any way to enable our field workers to select an existing record and view the attachments, without having to edit the record? 

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
BronwenHughes
New Contributor III

Thanks for your reply! I worked out how to enable the 'ATTACHED'  tab  in your video by configuring the pop-up.

In the New Map Viewer, I selected the layer with attachments -> Configure pop-ups -> clicked '+Add content' button   -> 'Attachments'

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Hussam_AlJabri
Occasional Contributor III

In our practice we are able to see the attachment of the features and related tables by simply select the feature then go to Attach tab to view them. 

Tags (2)
BronwenHughes
New Contributor III

Thanks for your reply! I worked out how to enable the 'ATTACHED'  tab  in your video by configuring the pop-up.

In the New Map Viewer, I selected the layer with attachments -> Configure pop-ups -> clicked '+Add content' button   -> 'Attachments'