URL link within field maps popup not working.

01-20-2022 07:26 AM
WardMitchell2
Occasional Contributor

Hello everyone,

I have added two URL links to the pop up in AGOL and they work fine in both AGOL and ArcGIS Pro. They currently do not work in Field Maps. First, do URLS work within Field Maps? If so can someone point me to documentation of how I can make them work and/or explain it here that would be greatly appreciated. The linked field names are "Floor Plans Link" and "Building Security Coordinators Link". See attached image.

Thanks for the help

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
28 Replies
ColinLawrence
Esri Regular Contributor

Sorry for the confusion @Ming I was referring to a custom attribute display and not an expression. As pointed out by @WardMitchell1 this process can be a bit more time consuming if you also want to display attributes from your fields as you need to manually populate the custom display. See my example:

ColinLawrence_0-1643329488498.png

Regards,
Colin
Ming
by
Occasional Contributor

Thanks for the explanation.

0 Kudos
WardMitchell2
Occasional Contributor

Colin is there an estimated time for when the bug will be fixed?

0 Kudos
ColinLawrence
Esri Regular Contributor

I cant give an estimate at this time but will report back if there is an update. We are releasing Field Maps quarterly now so at the earliest we are looking at the March time frame. 

Regards,
Colin
0 Kudos
WardMitchell1
New Contributor II

Thanks for the info, creating the custom attribute display for multiple maps is going to take some time, which I currently do not have. The simplest solution is ESRI to fix the bug, seeing as it worked before in previous app versions. 

WardMitchell2
Occasional Contributor

Thanks Colin for all the info, hopefully this will be addressed in the March update release. I have many attributes with various layers  and having to customize each popup for each layer that contains a URL link simply is not feasible for me to do at this time.

RonaldPalazzetti
New Contributor

Is this still an issue for you guys?  The report for BUG-000145744 says that this was fixed but I am still having problems with this on the latest version.

0 Kudos
WardMitchell2
Occasional Contributor

It still doesn't work in the maps that I have with that issue. ESRI recently updated AGOL, but the issue is still there as far as I can see.

0 Kudos
KevinBurke
Esri Contributor

Hi @WardMitchell2 and @RonaldPalazzetti 

Thank you for sharing the feedback.

I just retested the original issue in Field Maps on Android using the latest 22.1 release and it still works successfully for me using our maps.

However I would be curious to have a look at the maps you're working with if possible. Would you be able to share a test map with me? If so, you can share the web map with the ArcGISFieldMaps user. 

Thank you

-Kevin

WardMitchell2
Occasional Contributor

Its working now, so it appears they did fix the bug.

0 Kudos