URL link within field maps popup not working.

01-20-2022 07:26 AM
WardMitchell2
Occasional Contributor

Hello everyone,

I have added two URL links to the pop up in AGOL and they work fine in both AGOL and ArcGIS Pro. They currently do not work in Field Maps. First, do URLS work within Field Maps? If so can someone point me to documentation of how I can make them work and/or explain it here that would be greatly appreciated. The linked field names are "Floor Plans Link" and "Building Security Coordinators Link". See attached image.

Thanks for the help

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
28 Replies
ColinLawrence
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi @WardMitchell2 ,

This is an unfortunate limitation on Android. There is a bug logged that you can attach yourself to through Support: BUG-000145744. If the link is a value in a field it will not display as a hyperlink. You can use a Custom attribute display popup as a workaround. 

Regards,
Colin
0 Kudos
WardMitchell2
Occasional Contributor

Thank for the reply, and of course most of the users have Android phones. I'll look into the work around.

0 Kudos
Ming
by
Occasional Contributor

@ColinLawrence The custom attribute doesn't work either for links on Android device. The previous version of Field Maps once worked, so do you know where to download old version one? Thanks!

0 Kudos
Ming
by
Occasional Contributor

Found it from here: https://apktada.com/app/com.esri.fieldmaps

The old version 21.2.1 works well for the links on Android phone. @WardMitchell2 @ColinLawrence 

0 Kudos
WardMitchell1
New Contributor II

Thanks Ming,

Ming and or Colin, Before I download the older version of the app, what will I possibly lose from the current  version?

0 Kudos
WardMitchell1
New Contributor II

I am currently using the 21.4.0 version

0 Kudos
Ming
by
Occasional Contributor

@WardMitchell1 I can only confirm that the old version supports the links. For other features comparison, please check the What's new link: https://doc.arcgis.com/en/field-maps/faq/whats-new.htm

0 Kudos
ColinLawrence
Esri Regular Contributor

@Ming @WardMitchell1 Custom attribute popups should work. I verified on 21.4 on a map we frequently use to test this; see attached. You may need to explicitly create a URL using the hyperlink tool in the custom attribute display edit box. 

In terms of the differences between versions...there quite a large jump in functionality and code between 21.3 and 21.4. However, in general, all of the core functionality is going to be there. The Whats New link is a helpful resource - here is the archive for older versions of whats new.

Regards,
Colin
0 Kudos
Ming
by
Occasional Contributor

@ColinLawrence Thank you for your response. Can you explain the hyperlink tool for custom attribute? I used following steps, and it didn't work:

Ming_0-1643305802150.png

Ming_1-1643305899360.png

0 Kudos