Select to view content in your preferred language

Unable to update gps metadata in Field Maps

05-24-2024 08:06 AM
Ginger_T_Range
New Contributor II

I have a feature class where I've added gps metadata and  enabled default z values.  However, I'm unable to select a point and update the gps metadata for that point.  If I add a new point, the gps data is populated. I need to add the elevation/altitude to these features.   I can see the elevation in the popups but I need it in the attribute table. 

any suggestions? 

0 Kudos
4 Replies
RobertBorchert
Frequent Contributor III

just to clarify metadata is attributes about the feature class or that describes an item.  

You would be looking to update attributes.  make sure that the field in Pro is not set to read only and that they user has editing permissions.

0 Kudos
Ginger_T_Range
New Contributor II

The gps metadata  is created from the tool "add gps metadata fields'  this tools adds the attribute fields to capture gps data from the receiver which should populate the attribute table.   It does when I create a new point but not when I select a preexisting point that I need to have that data updated.   The fields are not read only and the user does have editing permissions

0 Kudos
RobertBorchert
Frequent Contributor III

Oh I get it. I read the description on the tool. You are not meant to alter the data generated by the tool as it is obtaining meta data from your GNSS receiver. I would suspect that those field are not editable and were not intended be, as they are automatically generated metadata.

If you have attribute you would like to edit you may have to create them and add them to the table

0 Kudos
Ginger_T_Range
New Contributor II

If I move a location, the gps is updated.  So the data can be edited/updated.  However, I don't want to move any points.

0 Kudos