Select to view content in your preferred language

Unable to Update/Edit Geometries for Specific Service

12-11-2023 10:23 AM
PhilipShutler
New Contributor III

Hi All,

I have an issue being able to edit the geometries of a particular polygon service within field maps. The problem only occurs in the field maps environment (I'll cover this later). The problem service data source is an SDE feature class, which is now on the portal. Full editing capabilities and privileges have been given to users to update, add, delete, and select. Full editing capabilities were pushed up to service on portal as well. 

Screenshot 2023-12-11 095126.png

This feature is fully editable; I can edit the attributes and delete features but cannot modify the feature's vertices if desired. Also, If I try to add a new feature in field maps, I can place only one point, and then I am not allowed to place any others to create a polygon. This is a screenshot of what shows up in field maps when trying to edit the polygons vertices. Notice there is no option to "add point" or "update selected point"

Picture2.png

When I open the web map, I can edit attributes, vertices, delete features, and add features with no issues.  

There is another line feature in the map, which performs correctly and has all the same settings in both field maps and web viewer. This is a screenshot of what is visible for editing the line feature that is performing correctly. These are the desired settings I would like to see available for the polygon, and I can't figure out why they are not present. 

Picture4.png

At first, I thought it might be the configuration of field maps, but after looking through the parameters, there was no indication that any modifications to the editing privileges could be made in the app configuration settings. It seems that all editing privileges are handled via the feature layer settings. 

Has anyone encountered this issue within field maps and solved it? 

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Eugene_Adkins
Occasional Contributor III

Here's an idea that solved a similar issue for me in the past. If your feature has been created/setup to be "z aware" the published service also needs to be "z aware" ... if the service is not published with this option enabled, the publishing process will be successful, but an issue will appear with the feature service when you try to perform edits in Field Maps. 

PhilipShutler
New Contributor III

In the service definition, I have "HasZ: true"

0 Kudos
ReneeHurst
New Contributor

I am having this exact issue. It seems to only be happening on a layer that was published as a map service, with feature access enabled later. Did you ever find a resolution? 

0 Kudos