Unable to Switch Azure Active Directory Portal Accounts in Field Maps

Jump to solution
10-27-2022 10:33 AM
RyanUthoff
Occasional Contributor III

I am having a problem with Field Maps (and also Explorer) where I am unable to switch accounts. I am able to sign in like normal using an MS Azure Active Directory account. Then if I want to switch accounts, within Explorer, I will click sign out. I go to sign in again and when I click the sign in with AD button, it automatically signs me in again.

Is there a way to force Field Maps to ask me for credentials every time when I sign in? I've tried clearing the storage/cache of Field Maps, and even deleted and re-installed the app. I'm assuming something else on the phone is keeping the credentials in cache or something and it's just automatically signing me in. But I'd like the ability to switch accounts. I'm using Android. Is there anywhere else on the device where I could clear out this cache?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
JustinReynolds

Azure authentication takes place in your default browser on your mobile device (good chance that is Chrome if using Android and Safari if iOS).  The session/token is still live there and that is where FM and other esri apps are looking.  Clear your browser cache/data and you should then be prompted to enter your creds again.

- Justin Reynolds, PE

View solution in original post

4 Replies
JustinReynolds

Azure authentication takes place in your default browser on your mobile device (good chance that is Chrome if using Android and Safari if iOS).  The session/token is still live there and that is where FM and other esri apps are looking.  Clear your browser cache/data and you should then be prompted to enter your creds again.

- Justin Reynolds, PE
RyanUthoff

That was easy enough. Yep, that was it. Thank you!

VickyS
by
Occasional Contributor

Is there a fix for this? 'Sign out' should sign you out of Field Maps and allow you to switch accounts.  We are using SAML authentication too.

0 Kudos
JustinReynolds

This seems to a case of feature rather than a bug.  Since the Azure session exists outside the app in a devices browser you will need to clear the browsers cookies to kill the session.

I think ESRI could do something about that if they wanted to so I posted an Idea.  Feel free to review and show your support for it here.

- Justin Reynolds, PE
0 Kudos