Unable to delete feature in Field Maps

10-06-2021 12:26 PM
JeffLegato1
Occasional Contributor

I can create and edit features in both a browser and on mobile with Field Maps but for some reason I can't delete features in Field Maps. I can load the map into a browser and edit just fine including deleting features but when I load the map in Field Maps I can't delete in either android or on the iPad. I get an error "Unable to delete" "An error occurred deleting the feature". Is this a bug or is there some setting I'm missing in there somewhere? We are on Enterprise 10.9. 

0 Kudos
4 Replies
DavidColey
Frequent Contributor

Hi @JeffLegato1 - I wish I had an answer for you but I too am experiencing the same thing at 10.9.1.  In my case, at android 12 and the latest field maps version, I am getting the following runtime error:

Unable to delete

com.esri.arcgisruntime.io.JsonEmbeddedException: Object ID '5389' is not valid

Seems like Field maps wants to treat an ObjectID field as a string field so I don't know

0 Kudos
DavidColey
Frequent Contributor

Hi again @JeffLegato1  - turns out for us, that this seems to be the result of just an old layer from 2019. Layers that I have re-hosted are behaving correctly in Filed Maps...

0 Kudos
JeffLegato1
Occasional Contributor

Good to know! Thank you. I'll need to test this. We have moved away from FieldMaps to just using the app in a web browser. 

0 Kudos
StephanieJansen1
New Contributor

Hello Jeff, 

I had the same issue, but was able to resolve it. I only had the issue when it came to line and polygon features.

First, make sure all the editing is enabled via the feature layer settings.

StephanieJansen1_0-1657317586962.png

Then, navigate to the Field Maps app via Enterprise:

1. Select your field map

2. Go to settings

3. Under Collection, toggle on Delete all Points.

After enabling this setting, I was able to delete features on the map as well as desktop. 

0 Kudos