Select to view content in your preferred language

Unable to Configure Form for Table in Field Maps Web App

06-27-2022 06:59 AM
BrandonLongenberger1
New Contributor

I have a web map with a feature layer and four tables that I created forms from using the Field Maps Web App. I created the forms about a month ago and had no problem creating forms for the feature layer or the tables. After the update last week, I am no longer able to configure the forms for the tables. The tables are greyed out in the content tab of the fields maps web app editor. I try to click on the table, but I cannot and when hovering over the table I get a message saying, "Editing of the content is disabled". I am still able to use the map on the Field Maps app. I can see the forms for the feature layer and tables and am able to submit a record in the tables using the app. So it appears like the forms are still there, I just can’t see them or edit them in the web editor.

The layer and table in the map come from a feature service published to ArcGIS Server 10.9.1. The service has been added to ArcGIS Online as an item, with the credentials to view the service saved in the item. There are relationships between the feature class and tables, with three tiers of relationships (the feature class is related to 2 of the tables which are each related to another table). Everything is versioned (traditional), has global IDs and editor tracking. The relationships are built off the global IDs.

10 Replies
CraigGillgrass
Esri Regular Contributor

Hello @BrandonLongenberger1 this sounds like a similar issue reported through Support.  We're working on a fix and will be deploying it this week.

Craig

0 Kudos
CraigGillgrass
Esri Regular Contributor

@BrandonLongenberger1 a fix for this issue was deployed last night, please let me know if you are still having any issues with this.

Craig

0 Kudos
KaraUtter2
New Contributor III

I am having this issue right now. I created a hosted table in ArcGIS Online, editing is enabled, attachments are enabled, yet in the field maps form builder it says the content editing is disabled and it also won't show me the attachment option in the edit widget in Experience Builder

0 Kudos
ShankarVishwanatham
New Contributor

I have the same issue with ArcGIS Enterprise. Is a fix for Enterprise in place? if so, how do I patch my Enterprise v10.9.1?

0 Kudos
CraigGillgrass
Esri Regular Contributor

@ShankarVishwanatham The fix for this issue will be included as part of Enterprise 11.1 - however, the issue that Brandon mentions was a regression introduced into the June release of Field Maps for Online, it would not have been included in the 10.9.1 release of Enterprise.  

You may be experiencing another issue, can you provide some more information on what you are seeing?

Craig

0 Kudos
ArmstKP
Regular Contributor

@CraigGillgrass I am having this issue.  I published from Pro 3.0 to Server 10.81 with a relationship and editing enabled.

I have added it as an item is AGOL with embedded credentials.  In Field Maps, I can configure some tables and not others.  All of the tables have editing enabled in the web map.  So, not sure what the issue is?

0 Kudos
CraigGillgrass
Esri Regular Contributor

Without access to the map it's difficult to say what the issue is @ArmstKP - If you can share the credentials with me so I can look at this, please DM me.

0 Kudos
ShankarVishwanatham
New Contributor

My Issue is fixed by using "Publish Web layer" instead of "Share as Webmap"

I then created a map in Portal using the Web layer.

Don't know why, but it's fixed. I see the table enabled.

0 Kudos
ZachBodenner
MVP Regular Contributor

Hi. I'm also having this issue (or at least a seemingly related one). I have a service with one point feature, one related table, and pre-established relationship class published to the federated server (so referenced, not hosted). I add the service to a web map and then go into the Field Maps web app to edit the forms and have no problem with the feature class forms, but get the grayed out error mentioned in the original post when trying to edit the table form. I have added it both directly as a REST URL and also from the portal web layer created when published. Like @ShankarVishwanatham, I also Publish as Web Layer.

Pro 3.1.2, Enterprise 11.1

0 Kudos