Unable to Collect after building Form

01-25-2021 01:55 PM
AngieLangevin
New Contributor II

Error Message: This form contains unsupported data. 

I have an editable line layer in my editable offline map area. I can edit it offline by adding points, streaming and adding photos. As soon as I try to configure a form in the field maps web app, I am unable to edit the layer. After syncing the map to my form changes, I get a message when I try to collect saying "The form contains unsupported data".  

I have double checked to make sure everything meets the requirements for editing, the permissions are enabled etc. Everything should work. I created a form based on the attributes in the attribute table. I only have one form element right now. This is a simple task that should work.. I am not sure what is wrong here. 

49 Replies
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

@ReinhardtBotha 

I can reproduce the issue when using the pre-planned offline area associated with that map. I made a copy of the map (which doesn't have the pre-planned area) and it works. Did you re-create the offline-area after adding new fields to the feature layers? It looks like you have scheduled updates enabled on it, these do not automatically pick up when fields are added/removed from a feature layer. This is documented here: https://doc.arcgis.com/en/arcgis-online/manage-data/take-maps-offline.htm

ReinhardtBotha
New Contributor III

Thank you for pointing that out to me @Anonymous User, I just re-created the area and that resolved the issue!

0 Kudos
GregFields
New Contributor

Hello @Anonymous User - I am having a similar issue to those in this thread where I am getting the error message "The form contains unsupported data". For this map, I created a feature called ARV_Inspections that I would like to be able to fill in using the form from the Field Maps mobile application. I went into the troubleshooting on the app and saw the note "ARV_Inspections: Info references fields that are missing in the table: ["struc_dia", "arv_count"]. These used to be fields in my layer, however, I deleted them and replaced them with fields of different names (struc_dims and arv_num). I also went through the form and I am not seeing a reference to the old fields.

Do you mind taking a look at my map and seeing if there is something I am missing? Thank you!

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @GregFields I see both of those fields referenced in your form as:

AaronPulver_0-1624281327607.png

AaronPulver_1-1624281346407.png

You can tell there is no field because the "Type" property of those elements/fields is empty.

If you removed those from elements and save the map, then it should work as expected after you re-load the map in the mobile app.

0 Kudos
GregFields
New Contributor

Thank you for responding so quickly. I reloaded my page and the form reverted back to before I made some edits on Friday. I went to save the edits on Friday and the "Save" icon was greyed out, so I thought it had saved. Thanks again!

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Based on the discussions in this thread, we have added additional warning/error messaging in the web app when fields that non-longer exist are used by existing form elements. This detection will be available next week (~ June 30th) with our latest update of ArcGIS Online:

AaronPulver_2-1624281688218.png

RyanHanavan
New Contributor

I'm getting a "the form contains unsupported data" error every time I try and create a new form.  I can add the layer and it can be used in Field Maps but as soon as I try to make a form it gives me that error and I have to delete and re-add the layer.

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Check the troubleshooting logs, it might tell you more information, like if the form is referencing a field that was deleted or doesn't exist in the mobile geodatabase.

0 Kudos
Mbartkovich_ALDCNR
New Contributor

@Anonymous User  I am having a similar issue. I developed the feature layer and related table in ArcPro and shared it as a WebMap on ArcOnline. I've done this before for other projects and haven't had an issue, but whenever I try to collect data for this project using the related table, I get the "The form contains unsupported data" error. Can you help me too? I am happy to share the data with you after you respond.

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Mbartkovich_ALDCNRcan you check the troubleshooting logs in the app when you try to collect a related records? It should tell you what the error is. If you can't figure it out, feel free to invite my account to a group with the map and layers (username is aaron_nitro) and I can take a look.

0 Kudos