Sync feature not working in offline field maps app

12-11-2020 12:04 PM
gabrielriley
New Contributor III

Hello everyone,

We are running 10.6.1 on everything and we did install Field maps application into our portal for access to it.

We have all our data with GUID, and the sync boxed checked on feature services.

However when any edits are made in the field and they try to sync back on wifi there is nothing synced back to the versions in the database (SDE).

Has anyone else experienced this problem and how did you fix it?

Thank you,

Gabe

GIS Supervisor

Tags (3)
11 Replies
hherrmann_coj
Occasional Contributor

It's crazy how this was originally posted back in 2021 but this continues to appear to be an issue.  Our field workers are using Trimble TDC600 GPS devices and we use Field Maps and Portal/Enterprise.  Out of the 3 units we have, two of them are having trouble syncing.  I've had to manually pull the data from the devices and add the new data to the feature class in Pro which to me is completely ridiculous when data syncing helps reduce the work load it puts on our GIS staff (all two of us serving nearly 600 employees).

Come ESRI.  Surely you can do better, right?

VladKrakov
New Contributor

Our archaeology team is experiencing similar issues with not being able to sync lately. It seems specific to a particular layer, strangely. Can you possibly share how you manually pulled the data and uploaded it? We are all a little bit concerned about the safety of our data. If you could reach out to me at vlad_krakov@sfu.ca we would be very grateful.

Best,
Vlad Krakov (from the XLAP team; lasquetiarc.ca) 
0 Kudos