Sync feature not working in offline field maps app

12-11-2020 12:04 PM
gabrielriley
New Contributor III

Hello everyone,

We are running 10.6.1 on everything and we did install Field maps application into our portal for access to it.

We have all our data with GUID, and the sync boxed checked on feature services.

However when any edits are made in the field and they try to sync back on wifi there is nothing synced back to the versions in the database (SDE).

Has anyone else experienced this problem and how did you fix it?

Thank you,

Gabe

GIS Supervisor

Tags (3)
11 Replies
SteveTaylor6
Occasional Contributor

Check you also selected enable off line toggle in the Field Maps beta viewer accessed via the ArcGIS on-line menu icon (the one with the 3 X 3 dots).

0 Kudos
ColinJohnson3
New Contributor II

I am experiencing this same issue and unable to find a resolution. We have a 10.8.1 Portal. 

0 Kudos
Todd_Metzler
Occasional Contributor III

Same problem.  Same environment.  No solution identified.  Anyone?  Our ArcGIS monitor did capture a severe level error for the snych job.  I'm evaluating that info now.  Here's the error from ArcGIS Monitor:

"Error executing tool. Sync Feature Service Replica Job ID: j282a280f2d084e5ca2a91f76bc19db65 : ErrorMsg@SyncGPService:{"code":500,"description":"Failed to synchronize."} Failed to execute (Sync Feature Service Replica)."

And the error reported by ArcGIS Field Maps:GENERAL ERRORS, Illegal state. Job failed because responses have failed for more than 10 minutes.
0 Kudos
SteveTaylor6
Occasional Contributor

We had something similar happen and it relates to the bug where Field Maps app intermittently logs you out. If this log out has happened after you start mapping off-line, then when you try syncing, when back in mobile data/WiFi range, you will get a sync error. Easily fixed. Flick out the app - or restart device. It will then ask you to log into the app. Then you can happily sync your edits.

I wish esri developers would spend more time testing the app in real word conditions- eg. working offline, and test it on-line multiple times daily, to see when the intermittent log out bug occurs.

Todd_Metzler
Occasional Contributor III

Same issue.  Sign out close Field Maps app and sign back in did not work.  Field maps app latest release, ArcGIS Enterprise 10.8.1

MelanieHammond
New Contributor II

I was seeing sync not working either and have found that a service published from Pro does not work while the same exact thing published from ArcMap does. Not sure how your service was published?

0 Kudos
Ashley_Smith_89
New Contributor II

I'm having the same issue where it appears to be sync but nothing shows online. I have signed in & out and the sync says it was successful but still nothing shows up in the online feature service. Did anyone find a solution to this?

StephaniePhillips-MG
New Contributor II

I have 3 Field Workers deployed (Android Devices, Current Field Maps, AGOL, HFL) - and one device says all offline edits have successful sync however nothing shows for this device - have you come up with a solution @Ashley_Smith_89 ?  Thanks!

0 Kudos
Ashley_Smith_89
New Contributor II

Unfortunately no I did not. 

0 Kudos