Snapping in web map when disabled in profile settings

Jump to solution
05-06-2021 02:33 PM
David_Brooks
MVP Regular Contributor

Has anyone else spotted this issue? I have a webmap authored using the fieldmaps web application. I have enabled snapping for the field map and snapping is working in the field maps mobile app.

However, if I turn off snapping in the profile settings of the mobile app, snapping still persists.

If I turn off snapping via the field maps web application and enable it in the mobile app profile settings, snapping is disabled.

Am I right then in thinking that the snapping setting on the mobile app is therefore redundant?

I'm using android and iOS

David
..Maps with no limits..
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ColinLawrence
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi @David_Brooks ,

Any map settings set in Field Maps web will take precedence over settings applied within the app for the particular map in question. For example, if you enabled snapping for a map in Field Maps Web, there is no way your users can disable it in the mobile app for that map, regardless of the profile setting. If they were to turn on/off snapping in their profile this setting would still be honored for any other map which has not been defined in Field Maps web. 

In short, map settings are defined per map and take precedence over any settings found within the app. Hope this helps!

Regards,

Colin

Regards,
Colin

View solution in original post

2 Replies
ColinLawrence
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi @David_Brooks ,

Any map settings set in Field Maps web will take precedence over settings applied within the app for the particular map in question. For example, if you enabled snapping for a map in Field Maps Web, there is no way your users can disable it in the mobile app for that map, regardless of the profile setting. If they were to turn on/off snapping in their profile this setting would still be honored for any other map which has not been defined in Field Maps web. 

In short, map settings are defined per map and take precedence over any settings found within the app. Hope this helps!

Regards,

Colin

Regards,
Colin
David_Brooks
MVP Regular Contributor

Thanks @ColinLawrence , this is as I thought. So if a web map is authored in Field Maps Web App, which I would imagine more and more people will do, then it would be an idea to put a warning in the profile settings menue that s"napping settings will be overidden by maps authored in Field Maps Web App".

David
..Maps with no limits..
0 Kudos