Search results in Fields Maps limited to 12 results per layer

01-15-2021 08:27 AM
Mevs604
New Contributor II

The search function in Field Maps appears to only returns 12 results per layer.

In Collector Classic the results list would include all matches. 

Am I missing something or has this functionality been purposely limited?

0 Kudos
4 Replies
ColinLawrence
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi @Mevs604 ,

This is by design and was changed in the new Collector which persisted to Field Maps. We only return the 12 results closest to the center of the view. This was to improve performance when searching. You can pan and zoom to better cater your results.

Regards,

Colin

Regards,
Colin
0 Kudos
Mevs604
New Contributor II

Thanks for the clarification Colin.

It is really important to our business to have the search function return more results than that. 12 results just isn't that helpful in our case unfortunately.

I'll post this as an idea but it would be great if we could have the ability to define how many results got returned. This would at least give us some flexibility here.

ColinLawrence
Esri Regular Contributor

That is understandable. An idea that explains your use case in detail would be helpful. If you have access to Esri Support I believe there is an existing enhancement request (for Collector) that you could get attached to as well.

Regards,

Colin

Regards,
Colin
0 Kudos
RobertBorchert
Frequent Contributor III

Actually it decreases the functionality of the application.

Here is my example. We are using Collector to add Drawing Markups done in the field back to the database.

Each Project has a Project Number.  Each Project Number has Issues. There may be 1 to 19 Issues per Project number.

Yesterday a Field Technician went to submit Drawing Markups to Project 202344-13.  When he searched for Project 202344 it only showed the first 12 Issues.

Now please do not tell me he should search for 202344-13 (which does work, but there is only one)