Saving Customized Layer Visibility

Jump to solution
03-11-2021 06:41 AM
Linde_Carmack
Occasional Contributor

Is there any way to save layer visibility settings that differ from a web map's default visibility? 

I thought this was possible by turning layers on/off in the 'Add Offline Area' window before starting a download. But when I open the downloaded area it reverts back to the layer visibility in the web map, instead of the visibility I set before starting the download. 

Is there another way to achieve this?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
DougMorgenthaler
Esri Regular Contributor

@Linde_Carmack the default visibility for layers is defined in the web map and is the location where any changes should be made.  Within the on-demand offline workflow, they layers tool can be used to temporality turn on reference layers that can help find the right area/extent to download.  It also displays any layer loading errors or layers that need credentials entered.  

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
DougMorgenthaler
Esri Regular Contributor

@Linde_Carmack the default visibility for layers is defined in the web map and is the location where any changes should be made.  Within the on-demand offline workflow, they layers tool can be used to temporality turn on reference layers that can help find the right area/extent to download.  It also displays any layer loading errors or layers that need credentials entered.  

0 Kudos
Linde_Carmack
Occasional Contributor

Bummer, but thanks for clarifying. 

0 Kudos