Select to view content in your preferred language

Replica not removed if Offline Area removed while Offline

08-20-2021 07:44 AM
DougBrowning
MVP Esteemed Contributor

I noticed we have a lot more Replicas now with Field Maps.  Initial testing shows that if I am online and remove a offline area the replica is removed.  But if I remove the offline area while the tablet is offline it does not remove the replica.  Even when I get back online and refresh the app, map, etc.  Testing with iPad Pro using AGOL hosted service.

Is there a trick to this?  Is this a known issue?

We have to move some content to a new owner and the admin is saying all replicas must be removed first.  I have 800 in just one service.  I think so many due to the above. Is this true?  Is there a API way to remove them all?

thanks

12 Replies
Jeremy_Z
Occasional Contributor

This came up in a discussion today during a meeting with about 60 people in it, and many were discussing the same problem. Doug sent me this link and I thought I'd try to help bump it and see if there was anything new here. Maybe bringing @KoryKramer in to see if he had thoughts on it.

Users on the call were mentioning versions containing these replicas could only be properly deleted in ArcMap, but not in Pro. We just upgraded to ArcGIS Pro 3.1.3 and are going to be having very limited use of ArcMap at the end of February.

Is there a fix on the way for this, or is a new tool needed to allow removal of these versions in Pro? I'm not doing much versioning and such these days, but thought I'd try to help get this looked at again.

GIS - Getting it Surveyed is too expensive.
ColinLawrence
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi @Jeremy_Z @DougBrowning ,

We still have an internal issue in where we have investigated this in the past and it remains open due to our inability to consistently reproduce the problem. For this reason unfortunately nothing has changed but we did realize we did not have a support bug to link to our internal issue, which will allow us to track the impact and different user cases where this may happen. Anyone on this thread should contact support and attach your account to the this bug: BUG-000153451

We will take another fresh look at this issue as well.

From the replica removal perspective, I do not believe anything has changed. You can remove them via a script or directly in REST. I am not familiar with using desktop to accomplish this workflow. 

Regards,
Colin
0 Kudos
ODWC_GIS
Occasional Contributor

Hey there! Fancy seeing you again. 

I'm using ArcPro 3.2 and have just run headfirst into this issue.