Select to view content in your preferred language

Recovering Attachments in Field Maps

08-05-2024 07:01 AM
ramseycascades
New Contributor

Hi, I need help recovering lost attachments in FieldMaps. I had attached photos and audio recording to points and polys offline in the field, but when I returned, over half the audio files and photos were gone. I'm hoping to recover these so I do not lose this work. Any help is appreciated. Thank you so much! 

0 Kudos
1 Reply
MichaelLohr
Frequent Contributor

There are different reasons why this could occur and you may need a tech support call to really sort it out and see if anything is still recoverable. Don't update the app or the OS on the mobile device the features were collected on until you make that determination. Sync'ing  data when not on a reliable WiFi is a common way to lose data. Sync processes must be highly controlled, since the potential for data loss does exist. 

One thing we have seen in the past is when you have multiple edit layers available to field staff, they will sometimes be unknowingly editing into the wrong layer. Then the features later appear to have disappeared, but were later found in a different edit layer and then transferred back to the correct layer. That may not be your case, but it is worth thinking about. 

Good luck.