"Underlying DBMS Error" when trying to access Field Maps geodatabase

Jump to solution
02-25-2022 03:34 PM
DavidField
New Contributor III

I have been having some sync issues with my offline areas in Field Maps, so I've copied across all of the geodatabases out of the field tablet so that I can manually sync to ArcGIS Online. However when I try to open the biggest of these in ArcGIS Pro, I get an "Underlying DBMS Error" and it refuses to open.

Does anyone know of a repair or work around method for this?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
DavidField
New Contributor III

Hi Rhett,

Thanks for getting back to me.

I was wondering if it might have been a data transfer issue, so I re-copied the geodatabase (not the whole folder, just the one that was giving me the error) and it now seems to be working. So I guess the previous geodatabase folder must have been corrupted somehow?

I'd still be curious to know if there is any way of repairing or recovering a geodatabase that is giving these sorts of errors though...

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
RhettZufelt
MVP Frequent Contributor

Did you copy the geodatabases or the entire folder?

When I copied the mobile geodatabases over from iPad to Pro, I had to copy the entire folder they reside in before Pro would recognize them as a valid dataset.

R_

0 Kudos
DavidField
New Contributor III

Hi Rhett,

Thanks for getting back to me.

I was wondering if it might have been a data transfer issue, so I re-copied the geodatabase (not the whole folder, just the one that was giving me the error) and it now seems to be working. So I guess the previous geodatabase folder must have been corrupted somehow?

I'd still be curious to know if there is any way of repairing or recovering a geodatabase that is giving these sorts of errors though...

0 Kudos