Select to view content in your preferred language

"Unable to Submit" error in iOS Field Maps app

1076
7
08-15-2023 11:20 AM
LindsayWithers1
Occasional Contributor

Starting this week, we are getting an "Unable to Submit. Service does not support applyEdits with GlobalIDs" error message when trying to submit a record on a related table, using the latest version of Fields Maps (iOS v.23.2.3 Build 1019). To my knowledge nothing has changed with the data or web map in Enterprise from our end (since early June), and the submissions were working at least up to July 31, 2023.

7 Replies
Martin1
Occasional Contributor

We are experiencing the same issue. Did you already find any solution for this?

0 Kudos
LindsayWithers1
Occasional Contributor

No, we are still trying to figure it out. Next step is likely to republish our data and we'll see if that helps. Are you getting the exact "Unable to Submit. Service does not support applyEdits with GlobalIDs" error message within the mobile app or something different? About when did the issue start for you all, and have you by chance already tried republishing your data? 

0 Kudos
Martin1
Occasional Contributor

We see exactly the same message. Since it is not me who uses this application, I cannot say exactly when it began, but it was recently. I am thinking that maybe an update somewhere might have caused it. I did not try republishing the data, yet. Let me know if this changes anything for you.
Meanwhile, I have opened a ticket with ESRI Support. I will let you know about any findings.

0 Kudos
LindsayWithers1
Occasional Contributor

Will keep you posted! I also have a ticket opened with Esri and have been working with them on this. Is your web map (and data) hosted on AGOL or on/via Enterprise/Portal? If the latter, which version of Enterprise/Portal are you using? 

0 Kudos
Martin1
Occasional Contributor

Thank you. We are working on ArcGIS Enterprise 10.9.1, the layer is a hosted Feature Layer and we are using the most current version of Field Maps on Android devices.

0 Kudos
Martin1
Occasional Contributor

Together with ESRI Support, we identified that the following property seems to be the cause of the issue:

Martin1_0-1694523337220.png

It is set to "false", while it should be "true".


Now, I do not know why or how this property has been changed, but I found the following article that tells how I can put it back to "true".
I activated "Enable Sync" for the hosted Feature layer and now it works again.

0 Kudos
LindsayWithers1
Occasional Contributor

We came to the same conclusion with Esri yesterday! I wasn't able to change those settings without reuploading/publishing the data (my guess is because I had some view layers generated from the original GDB), but I was able to adjust that setting after reuploading/publishing and the Field Maps submissions then worked again.