Select to view content in your preferred language

Problems with saving a form in Field Maps

12-21-2023 07:30 AM
Donnagh_Murphy
Occasional Contributor

Hi all,

I am facing a problem with Field Maps

We have a webmap created with ArcGIS Online platform containing several Feature Layers.

Then we create the forms in Field Maps in the web browser. There is a problem with the application because it prevents me to save a form after creation manually in the Field Maps

Donnagh_Murphy_1-1703172620814.png

The saving forms is calling a save map method in the Field Maps web application as far as I infere for the console error message :

Donnagh_Murphy_0-1703172571421.png

Do you have any idea about why this is happening to me?

Thanks you in advance,

0 Kudos
1 Reply
HollyTorpey_LSA
Frequent Contributor

Are you the owner of the web map? If not, you could ask the owner to transfer ownership to you, but you'd probably have to refresh the browser tab for that change to take effect, so you'd still lose your changes.

If the permissions issue is with the map and not the layer, you could try saving the changes to the layer. This would update the form saved with the layer without saving the web map. Then when you add the layer to a new map, the form would be included. Expand the Save button to save to layer:

HollyTorpey_LSA_1-1703181010673.png

If you are the map owner and it's not a permissions issue, it might be interesting to see if you can save form changes made in the Map Viewer rather than in Field Maps Designer. Personally, I rarely use the Designer site and instead build most of my forms right in the Map Viewer. Look for this icon on the right side: 

HollyTorpey_LSA_0-1703180818345.png

Sorry if I'm just telling you things you already know! Good luck.

- Holly
0 Kudos