Pop-ups in Field Maps not honouring web map setting

Jump to solution
12-10-2020 07:51 PM
MalcolmJ
Occasional Contributor II

Has anyone else had any issues with the pop-ups in the Field Maps app not honouring whats been set in the webmap?

I have a webmap in Enterprise 10.7.1 with a custom pop-up set on a layer. When I open this map in Field Maps, the pop up is just a list of attributes. Its ignoring the custom pop up completely. Anyone else run into this issue?

Thanks

31 Replies
CraigGillgrass
Esri Regular Contributor

We are working on support for popups, authored within the new Map Viewer, in the Field Maps web app. That work is planned for the Fall release (end of Oct/early Nov) of Field Maps.

Craig

HeatherMcCracken
Esri Contributor

Hi all,

Support for pop-up elements is slated for our next release, and it's currently available to in Field Maps beta mobile apps.

I encourage everyone on this thread to join the Beta and test out this new functionality. It would be great to get feedback from you - hopefully things are working as expected, but if you find an issue or have questions, we'd like to hear that too!

For more info on the Beta program and pop-up elements- please read this blog
https://www.esri.com/arcgis-blog/products/field-maps/field-mobility/arcgis-field-maps-early-access-r...

The Early Access Program is live. Join today if you haven't already.

ArcGIS Field Maps Early Access Program

Heather

Bgiordano
New Contributor II

Hi Heather,

Was this ever addressed? I am still unable to have any control over my pop ups in Field Maps. Pop up configuration is correct in Classic and WebMaps but not Field Maps

0 Kudos
BillHeigh
Occasional Contributor

It looks it's coming soon....  ArcGIS Field Maps Early Access update (January 2023) 

0 Kudos
HeatherMcCracken
Esri Contributor

Hi there,

Yes - support for popup elements is in the current release of Field Maps on both iOS and Android.

What release do you have installed?  Can you describe in more detail (or perhaps share a screen shot) of what you are seeing specifically.. Also, I'm happy to take a look if you are able to share your webmap?

Thanks,

Heather
cc @ChrisDunn1 

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Are pop-ups available in Field Maps now? I have configured a few pop-ups in Map Viewer. When I open the project in the Field Maps App I'm unable to select the features and view these pop-ups. 

My Field Maps App will allow field workers to create Workforce assignments and I would like them to have the ability to click on assignments that have already been created. They can then decide if they need to create a new assignment for work that need to be done or if one was already created for the tasks that they are assigning.

0 Kudos
CarsonG
Occasional Contributor III

Pop-ups have been available in Field Maps.

Being unable to select the features sounds like there is an issue with the settings for the data not being editable or only viewable. Check the settings in AGOL to determine this. It also could be affected by your user role within your organization.

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

In the Field Maps app I am able to add new points to the feature class that I have enabled pop-ups on though and I see in the settings of the feature service that editing is allowed. 

SHartholt_0-1682690134744.png

I have an almost identical map set up in Workforce and I am able to click on features in the Workforce App to view the pop-ups.

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Yesterday I noticed that some tables generated from a Workforce Project that I have deleted were still hanging around in my map. Once I removed those I was able to create and save my pop-ups. 

0 Kudos
CarsonG
Occasional Contributor III

Looks like the Field Maps update was pushed yesterday. Saved me a bunch of trouble.