Pop-ups in Field Maps not honouring web map setting

Jump to solution
12-10-2020 07:51 PM
MalcolmJ
Occasional Contributor II

Has anyone else had any issues with the pop-ups in the Field Maps app not honouring whats been set in the webmap?

I have a webmap in Enterprise 10.7.1 with a custom pop-up set on a layer. When I open this map in Field Maps, the pop up is just a list of attributes. Its ignoring the custom pop up completely. Anyone else run into this issue?

Thanks

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
HeatherMcCracken
Esri Contributor

Hi all,

Support for pop-up elements is slated for our next release, and it's currently available to in Field Maps beta mobile apps.

I encourage everyone on this thread to join the Beta and test out this new functionality. It would be great to get feedback from you - hopefully things are working as expected, but if you find an issue or have questions, we'd like to hear that too!

For more info on the Beta program and pop-up elements- please read this blog
https://www.esri.com/arcgis-blog/products/field-maps/field-mobility/arcgis-field-maps-early-access-r...

The Early Access Program is live. Join today if you haven't already.

ArcGIS Field Maps Early Access Program

Heather

View solution in original post

31 Replies
AlixPower
Esri Contributor

Hello Malcolm, 

Sorry you are having this issue. I was wondering how you configure the popup? I was also what happens within Field Maps when you identify a feature, do you see any popups?

Thanks very much,

Alix

0 Kudos
BillHeigh
Occasional Contributor

Hey Malcolm,

I am just getting started with publishing for Field Maps and I am experiencing this too, particularly with Conditional Visibility.

Also in the Field Maps web app, the Overview tab is displayed by default, but when I click on the Content tab there is no map displaying, to my surprise. I may have to post that question as it's own topic but I am browsing here first.

Good luck and stay safe, Bill~

0 Kudos
MadsBorggaard
New Contributor II

Hi

Im having the same problem

This is the popup in Map Viewer Beta:

MadsBorggaard_0-1610707703470.png

This is part of the formular in Field Maps webapp:

MadsBorggaard_1-1610707770126.png

This is the popup in Field Maps Android App

MadsBorggaard_2-1610707937014.png

And this is when i edit the feature in Field Maps Android App

MadsBorggaard_3-1610708012444.png

So when i see it in Field Maps for Android, it's not the same as on the web applications 

AustinDoezema
New Contributor II

I am also having a similar issue. I am using the Web Map Viewer Beta and Field Maps is not honoring the order of the fields.

by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hello Malcolm, did you ever find a solution? I am also experiencing this issue. 

0 Kudos
JosephAlberts
New Contributor III

I'm curious if anyone found a solution to this as well. I've got at least one layer (the first one) in a map whose pop-up order isn't being honored. It looks like some layers are fine. The forms also appear to be fine in the Field Maps app.

I've also double-checked the order in the JSON and it matches what I've set in the web map. I've tried removing the map in Field Maps several times (it has offline areas).

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Joseph, so this was my work around. https://www.esri.com/arcgis-blog/products/field-maps/field-mobility/field-maps-and-map-viewer/ 

It looks like you can configure your popups in Map Viewer Classic and then I think do a save as in Map Viewer and then use that save as map in the field and my pop ups were configured.  Hope this helps.

0 Kudos
JosephAlberts
New Contributor III

Thanks for that tip, @Anonymous User . Unfortunately, that will wipe out all of the form configuration I've done for working in Field Maps itself. I could re-add that directly to the JSON or code it with the addition of the forms module in the Python API as of 1.9, but that's a lot of work to fix this.

I think at the moment I'm going to let it roll as it is. It's a relatively minor issue for our workflow and doesn't affect the field order in the forms.

Hopefully, it gets fixed in a future release.

MarkEastwood
Occasional Contributor II

@Anonymous User  Does anyone know if there is a solution for this issue? Field maps does not honor the web map popup configuration.