Select to view content in your preferred language

Polygon symbology not visualising in Field Maps Offline Areas

03-01-2024 09:02 AM
BenLimburn
New Contributor II

I have an issue whereby polygon layers that have a dash / dot / dash-dot symbology are appearing as lines in an Offline Area download in Field Maps. The polygons visualise normally in the online map and in Map Viewer.

This is only happening for maps I have created in Map Viewer very recently (in the past few weeks). The polygons visualise normally in Offline Area downloads of my older maps. Weird! 

Is anyone else experiencing this?

Could this be a bug in the latest version of Field Maps? I am using Android and Apple (tested on various devices with the same result), and Field Maps version 24.1.0.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
DanielFox1
Esri Contributor

Hi @BenLimburn 

I am sorry to hear that you are facing this issue.  A patch for Field Maps has just been released 24.1.1. Could you confirm if this issue is still happening for you? 

What is your workflow?  Do you publish data from ArcGIS Pro to ArcGIS Online? Where do you set the symbology - in ArcGIS Pro or ArcGIS Online?

Do you notice issues with an online workflow?

If it is still happening I would raise a support case with your distributor if possible so an analyst can investigate further. 

0 Kudos
BenLimburn
New Contributor II

Hi @DanielFox1,

I have uninstalled and reinstalled Field Maps on my Android device, and unfortunately the issue is still occurring. 

These are view layers created from a hosted layer in AGOL - the layers were added to a map and the symbology set in in Map Viewer. Pro was not used. I didn't notice any issues during the online workflow; the layers appear fine in the webmap. 

Do you have any further questions or will you raise a support case in this instance?

Cheers,
Ben

0 Kudos
DanielFox1
Esri Contributor

Hi @BenLimburn 

I have noted a very similar defect that has been logged again symbology that is hatch filled or pencil landscape the symbology does not pull through, so it may be something similar and a new defect may need logged.

I would recommend raising a support case for this matter as it will need a deeper investigation. 

0 Kudos