Select to view content in your preferred language

Only have "Read-Only" Capabilities despite being the owner, org administrator, and set to public sharing

07-24-2023 11:25 AM
AndrewBraun
New Contributor II

I created a map and was able to edit/add to layers as I had hoped. For some reason, suddenly the map now does not allow me to edit (no "+" button in the corner) despite being signed into all devices as the owner and org administrator. Sharing and editing is also set to public. What am I doing wrong?

0 Kudos
5 Replies
RhettZufelt
MVP Notable Contributor

Does it let you edit in map viewer?

Have you modified any Domains in the layer?  I have seen if there is a duplicate/invalid value in a domain, it will not show the + button (sometimes won't even show the layer, but sometimes it does).

R_

0 Kudos
AndrewBraun
New Contributor II

I got it to work. I saw someone else have a similar problem that was solved by the "Use in ArcGIS Collector" box being checked (Content > [Map] > Settings > Web Map). I went to those settings, checked the box on, and it seems to have fixed it. Thank you for your response.

CherieMalone
New Contributor II

Would anyone have any other hints on why my Field Maps is ReadOnly? I can't see the check box for "USe in ArcGIS Collector"

0 Kudos
leo_SwissGIS
New Contributor III

Faced the same problem today. Solved it by:

- Added any editable hosted feature layer with edition capabilities (in my case from an old Survey123) in the webmap

- Saved the webmap --> The "Use in Collector" checkbox appeared  in the webmap settings and I could edit in the Fieldmap App

- Delete the newly added useless layer and saved the map again.

In my case, I suspect that the fact that I published layers only from ArcGIS Pro without Editing capabilities caused some weird problem after, even if I activated the edition later in AGOL. 

There are some troobleshooting indication on that page:

Problem: The Use in ArcGIS Collector Option is Unavailable in a Web Map’s Settings (esri.com)

Cheers, 

Léo

0 Kudos
CherieMalone
New Contributor II

Thanks Leo! We found that resaving the web map after we changed the feature layer to allow editing fixed the read only issue. 

0 Kudos