Select to view content in your preferred language

Offline Map Download Errors - failing on certain devices only

05-30-2024 08:10 AM
KatGIS
by
New Contributor II

Hi,

We have fieldworkers that use an offline workflow with Trimble TDC 600 (Android 8 and Field Maps 24.1.3). We have sideloaded a tpkx basemap on the devices and download a large area and existing data (about 10 layers) and attachments which comes to about 12GB. I successfully downloaded the offline areas on the two devices, and users went out into the field and collected data somewhat successfully. One device was receiving sync errors, but after many tries all the data seemed to be synced so moved on. 

For one layer we use hyperlinks to Survey123 (just use Field Maps to reference photos offline), but on both of these devices, Field Maps would crash when they clicked on one of these points. When tested on our TDC600 (Android 10) and iPhone, we do not experience this issue. As the layer data source was the Survey123 layer_results view, I replaced it with the hosted feature layer and that seemed to resolve the issue.

I then had to re-download the large offline area on each device, and this is where I'm coming across many odd errors and have had no success downloading the map:

• Some of the many errors in log:
    • [DOWNLOAD] Generate geodatabase: Failed to unregister a geodatabase from service"
    • [DOWNLOAD] Error downloading map: Unable to resolve host "stg-arcgisazureprod2.az.arcgis.com": NO address associated with hostname
    • [DOWNLOAD] Generate geodatabase: Failed: "Job error 17 User canceled: Job canceled" (I didn’t cancel or touch device or map during this time.)
    • [DOWNLOAD] Generate geodatabase: Failed: "Job error 22 Propagated error,"
    • [DOWNLOAD] Error downloading map: Read error =ssl 0x78dedf36c0: I/O error during system call, Software caused connection abort

I can't find any information on these specific errors. Has anyone else experienced this?

Attempts at troubleshooting with no success so far:

• re-installed Field Maps on the devices
  • re-created a new web map adding a layer one by one
  • tried above signed into Creator account
  • disabled and re-enabled sync deleting all the replicas, but I am still receiving issues on a much smaller web map now
  • Republish hosted feature layers from Pro and build another fresh web map. 

This makes it feel very device specific as we do not experience these specific errors on our other devices. Certainly looking at upgrading these devices, but hoping to get these to a usable state again for now. Nothing drastic has changed data or device wise and they downloaded a week ago. 

Any suggestions welcome. Thanks.

0 Kudos
0 Replies