Select to view content in your preferred language

Not able to collect point

Jump to solution
a month ago
BrianBulla1
Occasional Contributor

Hi.  I've created map in AGOL for use in Field Maps.  My collection layer has editing enabled, but in Field Maps I am not able to create a new point.  What might be going wrong??

Here is a screenshot showing the map.  The one point showing here was created in AGOL, so I know editing is enabled and working.  I have my collection settings set to 10m accuracy, so that shouldn't be an issue either.

Any ideas??

BrianBulla1_0-1718133159507.png

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
BrianBulla1
Occasional Contributor

OK, so I finally got this to work.  The weblayer was fine.  I was able to add points to it if I added it to other webmaps.

The issue seems to be related to the workflow....maybe??  I first created the webmap by adding the layer to a map through the "Open in Map Viewer" button.

BrianBulla1_0-1718283243259.png

The fix seems to be to open a webmap, and then add the layer through the "Add" button.  Doing it this way, it works.

BrianBulla1_1-1718283320928.png

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
DanielFox1
Esri Contributor

Hi @BrianBulla1 

What usertype and role do you have? 

Has this layer ever worked before and can you edit it in the map viewer?

How was the data created and where is it stored?

BrianBulla1
Occasional Contributor

Not really sure about usertype and role.  I have other maps in Field Maps that I can edit in.

This is a brand new layer, but I can edit it in AGOL and see the edits immediately in Field Maps.  It was created in ArcGIS Pro, published as a Weblayer in AGOL.  In  AGOL I added it to a webmap, set the editing, and started testing.

0 Kudos
BrianBulla1
Occasional Contributor

OK, so I finally got this to work.  The weblayer was fine.  I was able to add points to it if I added it to other webmaps.

The issue seems to be related to the workflow....maybe??  I first created the webmap by adding the layer to a map through the "Open in Map Viewer" button.

BrianBulla1_0-1718283243259.png

The fix seems to be to open a webmap, and then add the layer through the "Add" button.  Doing it this way, it works.

BrianBulla1_1-1718283320928.png

0 Kudos