New users unable to edit in Field Maps

Jump to solution
07-07-2022 01:18 PM
SW-JosephBogartGISS-T
New Contributor II

Added new users to portal with editor roles but the edit function is not visible in field maps. I tried to add a point in the web map and the users do have edit access there.

I tried creating a new map with just one service that I know is editable and same issue.

I can edit in field maps when I am signed into my account.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
JayantaPoddar
MVP Esteemed Contributor

What is the User Type?

For an Editor User Type, ArcGIS Field Map (and other Field Apps) is added as an add-on license. Please ensure your organization has add-on ArcGIS Field Map licenses available with your organizational account.

Alternatively, you need to assign Mobile Worker or higher User Type for the users to access ArcGIS Field Maps by default.

User types, roles, and privileges—ArcGIS Online Help | Documentation

Think Location

View solution in original post

5 Replies
TravisSizemore
Occasional Contributor

Hi Joseph,

A few ideas to check:

1. Can you and they edit the layers in the web map via the browser? That would eliminate map settings issues. 

2. Did you have them sign out of Field Maps and sign back in once they were added to the editor roles?

3. If your service has any relationship classes, did you enable "Show Related Types" in their Field Maps application settings?

4. Can they edit the map using Collector? That would rule out a problem with Field Maps itself. 

5. Have you tried unregistering replicas to ensure there's not some kind of hold on a layer?

Travis

SW-JosephBogartGISS-T
New Contributor II

Thanks for the response Travis. 

Yes they can edit the web map in the browser. I have signed in and out a few time with both accounts. No relationship classes. 

They do have edit access in collector. So it seems to be just a field maps issue.. 

0 Kudos
JayantaPoddar
MVP Esteemed Contributor

What is the User Type?

For an Editor User Type, ArcGIS Field Map (and other Field Apps) is added as an add-on license. Please ensure your organization has add-on ArcGIS Field Map licenses available with your organizational account.

Alternatively, you need to assign Mobile Worker or higher User Type for the users to access ArcGIS Field Maps by default.

User types, roles, and privileges—ArcGIS Online Help | Documentation

Think Location
SW-JosephBogartGISS-T
New Contributor II

They are set to mobile worker user types. I just tried in collector and they can edit there... but still not field maps. 

0 Kudos
SW-JosephBogartGISS-T
New Contributor II

Changed the user type to creator and editing was enabled in Field Maps. Thanks for your help! 

0 Kudos