Map "unable to open. Width must be 0 or grater"

Jump to solution
02-15-2022 05:05 AM
RafaeldePedro
Occasional Contributor

Hi, can anyone help with this issue. I have got a couple of maps that will not open on Field Maps (or on Collector). They are similar in setup to all the other maps which do open and work fine. When trying to open the map, I get the message: "Unable to open width must be 0 or greater.

Screenshot with message also attached.

I can't see any posts with this issue but I'm hoping someone will know the reason.

Thank you

0 Kudos
25 Replies
RafaeldePedro
Occasional Contributor

Thank you @CraigGillgrass . I have sent an invite to @JamesTedrick. However, weirdly I could not find @ZacharySutherby among the users to invite to the group.

0 Kudos
RafaeldePedro
Occasional Contributor

@JamesTedrick hi, sorry you've been thrown into this thread - hopefully you can help me. As you'll see in the thread, the issue is with the Survey123 form opened via hyperlink in the map, not passing the values to the fields as specified in the hyperlink text. 

I have added you to the group Troubleshooting in my organisation, where all layers and Survey123 form should be accessible. After more investigating, I think there is something in the XLS form of Survey123 (TEST Phase1 Template v6, or 157410_Phase1_S123) that is causing the problem, but I don't know what. I created a copy of the same form (Phase1 Template v6.2_Test1) and removed all questions except for the 5 questions with values passed on from the map via link. When invoking this very short form, the hyperlink worked, but when using the original, complete form, containing many more questions which are not part of the hyperlink text, that is when it fails.

Sorry for the complexity of the problem, and my explaining probably didn't help. If you could have a look, explore the contents of the maps and forms shared with the group, and let me know if anything looks odd to you, I would be very grateful.

If there's anyway I can make this easier for you to look into, please let me know.

Thank you,

Rafa

0 Kudos
RafaeldePedro
Occasional Contributor

Hi just a follow up comment to check if @ZacharySutherby or @JamesTedrick have had the chance to take a look at this problem and if there's anything you guys could do to help it would be much appreciated!

Thank you

0 Kudos
ZacharySutherby
Esri Regular Contributor

Hello @RafaeldePedro

Please feel free to add ZSutherby_Survey123 to the group and I'll be happy to assist with taking a look into the behavior. To confirm are you using Survey123 version 3.14, if so are the questions that you are seeing not receive their URL values relevant based on other question(s) that are also receiving URL values? If that's the case we do have a known issue with 3.14 were relevant questions aren't correctly receiving URL values, please see this Esri Community post. We do have a fix planned in our March update which is planned to be released this afternoon.

Thank you,
Zach
RafaeldePedro
Occasional Contributor

Hi @ZacharySutherby, thank you for replying. I have sent you (ZSutherby_123) an invite to our group please let me know if you haven't received it.

I am using version 3.13.234 on Survey123 Connect. and version 3.14.237 of Survey123. And yes, I think that is correct - the first value we pass in the url is a string 'Habitat description'. All other following questions are relevant, subject to the first question having the value 'Habitat description'.

Perhaps it was a coincidence, but this behaviour started happening only after I made some major updates to the xls form. I ran a test where I stripped all other questions from the xls form, and left ONLY the questions with values passed from Field Maps in the url - and then it worked. 

It's great that you have now access to our AGOL group and I will take a good look at the post you shared with me and try a solution for me in there.

Thank you,

Rafa

0 Kudos
RafaeldePedro
Occasional Contributor

@ZacharySutherby After testing, I can confirm it is the relevant status of some questions that have their values passed on from Field Maps via url.

I have changed the design of the xls form and removed the first question (which the following fields were subject to) and it works fine. I appreciate that seems to be an bug with the version 3.14 and it should work fine after the fix is released, but I have found this way to work around it by simplifying the form and this solution will work for me.

Thank you for your help!

0 Kudos