Select to view content in your preferred language

Make Fields in Field Maps App Pop-Up of a layer collapsed by default rather than expanded

11-28-2023 08:41 AM
ChristineTombleson1
Occasional Contributor

Is there a way to make the fields in a field maps app popup collapsed by default rather than the current expanded? (See attached photo). A user can manually click on the carrot to the right of fields at the top of the popup to collapse the fields, but I would like the fields initially collapsed, and allow a user to expand them when needed.

Thank you.

0 Kudos
5 Replies
BrianBulla
Regular Contributor II

Yes, just toggle the switch in the forms designer. 

BrianBulla_0-1701194021162.png

Shows up like this initally:

BrianBulla_1-1701194050395.jpeg

0 Kudos
ChristineTombleson1
Occasional Contributor
Hi Brian - Thank you for the reply. Unfortunately, I am not sure what switch you are referring to... in the smart forms I have clicked on the carrot next to fields so that you don't see the fields in the properties section, but that doesn't collapse the fields in the popup in my app.

Could you point me to where this switch is to toggle...It would make my day if this worked!!!!

Thank you!

0 Kudos
BrianBulla
Regular Contributor II

You need to add a "Group" to the form, which is where you can set the toggle.  Then you can add as many attributes into the group as you want.

BrianBulla_0-1701195428815.png

0 Kudos
ChristineTombleson1
Occasional Contributor
Thank you, I will try this. I am looking to control the visibility of fields and their data in the popup for the layers in the App. This sounds like it addresses the smart form. I have groups in my smart form. Not sure I can put groups into groups, but will try. Hopefully it works!
0 Kudos
ChristineTombleson1
Occasional Contributor

Hi again - This toggle switch appears to only work on the Smart Form in Field Maps, not the popup of the layer. These are two different things, at least how my app is configured.  So still searching for a solution.

0 Kudos