Login Issues with Enterprise 10.9.1

05-24-2022 09:08 AM
Katelyn1
New Contributor II

Hi,

We are using the latest version of Field Maps and have Enterprise 10.9.1. We are using ADFS for our SAML logins with our portal, and on our mobile devices (Android) we are using Citrix SSO for the tunneling aspect. Chrome is the default browser on the devices in the case I am discussing below. 

We have a growing number of users that are unable to login to our enterprise environment. They enter the enterprise URL, enter in their credentials, and then get the error that I've attached to the post and are unable to login. In some cases, if you close that window & go through the login steps again it will let you into the portal. In other cases, they enter the portal url again and then get a connection error pop up. Once people get this error, they also experience it in Explorer & Collector. 

Before they see this issue they would see an issue in Field Maps that has a little popup at the bottom that says 'No Portal Connection'. If they then log out out of Field Maps they would get the login issue I'm describing. 
HAs anyone experienced anything similar?

0 Kudos
5 Replies
RobertBorchert
Frequent Contributor III

We downgraded to 10.9.1 err I mean upgraded and nobody noticed any log in issues (several hundred)

I wonder if you should look at Citrix as the issue

No helpful but all I can grasp at.  do you have issues with Collector as well

0 Kudos
Katelyn1
New Contributor II

Hi! We get the same error on EXplorer & Collector when trying to connect to our enterprise environment. 

0 Kudos
RobertBorchert
Frequent Contributor III

Ensure VPN is not active.

We are also using ADFS and SAML.  Or difference is our data is hosted in our SDE network databases.

0 Kudos
RobertBorchert
Frequent Contributor III

I assume you do not have an issue when logging in via Chrome.

Sorry I know nothing about working with Citrix.

Just for clarification.  When we log into Portal with a mobile device we have to enter

https://maps.<domain>.com/arcgis and it has to be entered exact with case and special characters.  

the https:// are not required in a browser for us.

We also use PING ID on or mobile devices for log in assist when not on the  network.

However, I think you should log into your esri experience and open a ticket

0 Kudos
ColinLawrence
Esri Regular Contributor

@Katelyn1 Shot in the dark but can for this setting in the Android settings:

Settings > Apps > Field Maps > "Set as default" or "Open by default" depending on the OS version > Make sure supported URLs are set to open in the app and/or are verified. 

Regards,
Colin
0 Kudos