Item moved to 'Recent' items list after adding a feature

03-28-2022 02:56 AM
RafaeldePedro
Occasional Contributor

Hi, 

When using Field Maps to add features on the map, whichever category was selected when adding the feature, is removed from the original list and moved to the top of the screen under a new 'recent' items section.

This behaviour has been reported to me as I am not on site using Field Maps  but it seems that it didn't happen in previous versions.

Here's a screenshot attached to illustrate the situation I'm describing: The 'A tree' and 'B hedgerow' categories have been added under the header 'Recent' and removed from their original layers.

Is this behaviour expected, is it a bug? Or is there a setting that can be used to disable this occurrence? 

This happened on an Android device, using Field Maps version 22.0.1

Thank you,

Thank you,

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
5 Replies
ColinLawrence
Esri Regular Contributor

@RafaeldePedro This is expected behavior. For domain lists we store recent selected values at the top of the list for easier repeated entry. There are also recents available for selection on other certain field types but accessed in a slightly different way. Is this affecting your field workflows and if so in what ways?

Regards,

Colin

Regards,
Colin
0 Kudos
DavidFox
New Contributor III

I have the same question about how to turn off this 'feature'. When in the field, a user has a value in mind to enter but when the pick list shows up, they have to mentally look through the list that is no longer in alpha or numeric or hard-coded order looking for the value they want to enter. This is especially tedious when the pick list has more than a few values.

0 Kudos
RafaeldePedro
Occasional Contributor

Hi @ColinLawrence  thank you for your reply. Some field workers that use Field Maps on site have found it just a bit annoying that they might go to the original list and the item has disappeared and gone to the Recents section. I understand and agree that the "recent" list can make it easier to use, but I would've expected that the items get copied into this list rather than 'moved', if that makes sense?

ColinLawrence
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi @RafaeldePedro , your feedback does make sense and I can see the frustration. I will relay this information to our team and designers. Thanks!

Regards,
Colin
DavidFox
New Contributor III

Please do! It seems like a bug to me, not being able to turn this off and it is very annoying when pick lists are longer than just a couple options. 

0 Kudos