Select to view content in your preferred language

Issue w/ Custom Field Maps mobile map package link deployment

07-25-2023 10:59 AM
MeganPetitt
New Contributor
Wondering if anyone else is having this issue when using custom links to deploy mobile map packages in Field Maps: My organization is using Field maps to distribute information through mobile map packages enabled for anonymous use so that members of the public do not need to sign into ESRI to view the maps we have made. I am working on a more streamlined way for users to get to the maps from our webpage and so I have made custom links using the mmpks IDs so that users do not have to know what to type into the Field Maps search field in order to download.

The links work really well except for one thing: they do not automatically push users to their cellular data settings the same way users are pushed if they type the map name into the search field. If the user does not have cellular data enabled prior to clicking the link, they will get the pop-up saying "Unable to Download: You can turn on cellular data for downloads in Settings." If a user clicks "Settings" they are not automatically pushed to their settings to enable cellular download. But, if a user types in the name of a map in the search field, click the thumbnail to download and are given the same "Unable to Download: You can turn on cellular data for downloads in Settings" and the user clicks "Settings", they are immediately pushed to the cellular data page in their user settings. I have attached a screen recording of what happens during the link user flow. Is this happening to anyone else? 
0 Replies