I asked this question on the blog post announcing the release of Field Maps (Announcing ArcGIS Field Maps), but when I refreshed the page, my comment disappeared so I'm not sure if it got posted or not, so I will ask here. Plus, I'm assuming other people might have this question as well.
Per the Field Maps documentation (Requirements—ArcGIS Field Maps | Documentation), it says that if you are running ArcGIS Enterprise 10.8 or earlier, you need to register the Field Maps app ID with Portal. However, the URL provided links to a technical support article about how to register Collector for Windows.
Is there any documentation on how to register Field Maps for iOS and Android?
I saw that Jeff replied to my comment on his blog post about registering Field Maps with Portal. Here are the instructions.
1. Open the ArcGIS Portal Directory and login as a member with administrative privileges. The URL format is:
2. Navigate to the administrative user’s content.
3. Under Supported Operations choose Add Item.
4. In the Add Item form, enter:
Title: ArcGIS Field Maps
Type Keywords: Application
Tags: ArcGIS Field Maps
5. Click Add Item.
6. On the User Item page, under Supported Operations, click Share Item.
7. On the Share Item page, set Share with Everyone to True, click Share Item.
8. On the User Item page, select and copy the ID value.
9. Under Related Operations, click Register App.
On the Register App page, enter:
Item ID: This is the ID copied in step 9.
App Type: Select multiple from the dropdown
Redirect URIs: Enter [“urn:ietf:wg:oauth:2.0:oob”, “arcgis-fieldmaps://auth/”,”arcgis-fieldmaps-beta://auth/”]
– This value allows the successful authentication response to be sent to the portal URL.
10. Click Register App. The Registered App page displays the App ID.
11. On the Registered App page, copy the App ID value.
12. Open the ArcGIS Portal Administrator Directory and login as a member with administrative privileges. The URL format is: https://webadaptorhost.domain.com/webadaptorname/portaladmin
13. Navigate to Home > Security> OAuth> Change App ID.
14. On the Change App ID page, enter:
Current App ID: This is the App ID copied in step 11.
New App ID: Enter “fieldmaps”
15. Click Change App ID.
I had problems with steps 9/10. I receive an error message saying unable to register app. Error 500. 'redirect_uris' invalid.
I'll be reaching out to Esri tech support to see what is going on with it.
Glad it isn't just me. I commented on the blog post with my issue and Jeff said to reach out to support. It's near the end of the day for me, but I'll reach out to support tomorrow. If I have any solutions, I will post them here. And if you have a solution before me, I'd appreciate it if you post it here!
I actually found a workaround. Once you get to step 9, go to your Portal home page and find the newly added ArcGIS Field Maps Application in your content. Click on it and go to settings.
Click "Register" and enter the two Redirect URIs.
After you click "Register", copy the app ID and follow steps 12-15 like normal.
After doing this, I was able to use Field Maps.
Ryan - apologies for not coming back here and seeing your post. Thanks for also posting in the blog. Glad you were able to work around it. I will let our team know so we can make sure the steps are updated accordingly.
This topic has been updated with the steps for Field Maps:
Requirements—ArcGIS Field Maps | Documentation