Select to view content in your preferred language

How to add Form question to existing fields?

Jump to solution
09-25-2023 11:58 AM
DevarsiMajumder
Emerging Contributor

Hello there 

I have a question when using fieldmaps. I am new to this. I have created my map and finished adding questions to the form. I noticed that the field questions were added as new fields to my existing HFL. Is there a way that you can attach the questions to existing fields within the HFL and not have the new fields created?   Thanks

Devarsi

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
EmilyGeo
Esri Contributor

Hi @DevarsiMajumder,

Yes, there is. Are you using Field Maps Designer to create the forms? If so, you'll see the Form elements on the right side of the Form Builder screen. You can drag and drop these elements onto the form to create new fields.

Scroll down below the Form elements to see the existing fields in the Fields section. There you can drag and drop existing fields onto the form. 

Untitled Project.gif

View solution in original post

3 Replies
EmilyGeo
Esri Contributor

Hi @DevarsiMajumder,

Yes, there is. Are you using Field Maps Designer to create the forms? If so, you'll see the Form elements on the right side of the Form Builder screen. You can drag and drop these elements onto the form to create new fields.

Scroll down below the Form elements to see the existing fields in the Fields section. There you can drag and drop existing fields onto the form. 

Untitled Project.gif

DevarsiMajumder
Emerging Contributor

Yes i am using the Fields Designer app. I will try this and let you know  if it works. Thanks 

0 Kudos
DevarsiMajumder
Emerging Contributor

@EmilyGeo   hi there after using your directions it is working and I am able to put existing fields as questions into the field maps form. Thanks again.

0 Kudos