How can I zoom to a coordinate using a Field Maps link?

Jump to solution
04-23-2021 03:04 PM
MattStayner
Occasional Contributor II

Hi,

I'm building out an integration with Field Maps and I would like to open up Field Maps and set the map center on a coordinate. I found this article that shows how to use the center parameter to set that, but it doesn't seem to be working for me. See the link below. When I click on the link shown below, it opens the correct map, but it zooms me to my current GPS location. Is there something wrong with my link, or is there a setting I need to change in Field Maps to get this working as desired? Thanks!

https://fieldmaps.arcgis.app?referenceContext=center&itemID=695003e7a7df4bd099779326ee20c94a&center=...

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
AndrewBowne
Occasional Contributor III

Yes it does.  It centers just south of the Esri campus.  Does it work if you disable your GPS?  I have mine set to only use GPS while using the app and it is still centering me on your location.  Do you have the latest update of Field Maps?  I'm using iOS.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
AndrewBowne
0 Kudos
MattStayner

Thanks for the response, Andrew. I already have referenceContext=center in the URL, but I must be missing something like that. I just made the map publicly available. When you click on the link I provided above, does it zoom you to Redlands, CA in Field Maps? It doesn't for me.

0 Kudos
AndrewBowne

Yes it does.  It centers just south of the Esri campus.  Does it work if you disable your GPS?  I have mine set to only use GPS while using the app and it is still centering me on your location.  Do you have the latest update of Field Maps?  I'm using iOS.

0 Kudos
MattStayner

Andrew,

That did the trick. When I turned off my GPS, then it zoomed me to the correct location. It looks like a bug with Field Maps. I'm on the latest version of Field Maps on Android. Can you submit that as a bug?

Thanks for your help!

0 Kudos
AndrewBowne

I'd be curious if it is in fact a bug or as-designed.  It might be worth a call to Support to ask them.

0 Kudos