Highlight selected feature and zoom in from search

12-05-2022 07:58 AM
GISAdmin7
New Contributor II

I have updated to the latest version of Field Maps for iPad. In the previous version, I could enter a parcel ID number, select it from the list of returned results, and the map would zoom in on the parcel and flash highlight it. With the latest version, once I enter the parcel ID number and select the parcel from the results list the map zooms in on the parcel, but does not highlight it. Is this a feature that has to be done manually now or has it been removed from the functionality all together?

9 Replies
RobertBorchert
Frequent Contributor III

Perhaps try removing and re-installing Field Maps.  I am on version 22.4.0, which I believe is the most current, and it works as expected. 

0 Kudos
GISAdmin7
New Contributor II

Sadly, that did not work. This is occurring on multiple devices 

0 Kudos
RobertBorchert
Frequent Contributor III

More details then

What are you publishing from ArcMap or Pro

Which version

What are you publishing to.  AGOL or portal

What version of field maps are you utilizing 

0 Kudos
EdwardMcFarlin
New Contributor II

I have noticed this behavior too with the November update (22.4.1). Search results for map services now show a red "pin" instead of the feature. Clicking on the pin will zoom to the feature but not highlight it. Feature services will still be selected though through the search, so I think this might just affect map services without feature access. This makes identifying objects in close proximity to others difficult and it would be helpful to bring back the old functionality. I am using ArcGIS Enterprise.

RhettZufelt
MVP Frequent Contributor

I have noticed the red pin now also when there isn't an EXACT match in my search layer (even, sometimes when there is).

Used to be if you enabled search on the map by layer, and un-checked the By Address box, it would only search the layer specified.

It seems as if after the update, that setting is ignored, sometimes?????

Often, if I have an exact match, it will search my search layer, if found, will select that result and zoom to the selection.  However, if the red pin comes up (which is from the By Address search that is SUPPOSED to be disabled), clicking on it will only zoom you to the location, and not select it.

RhettZufelt_0-1670965446821.png

Would be nice if this behaved as it used to before the last update.  If this is intentional, should have an options to use "By Address" when Layer  has no results, otherwise, would be nice if we could exclude the By Address search as we used to be able to.

R_

0 Kudos
JonahW
by
New Contributor III

I have just updated to the latest version 23.1.0 and this is still an issue. I have found that when tapping on a search result, the map will not zoom in past the scale at which the map is currently being viewed and the feature does not get selected. Not sure if I'm missing a setting somewhere or if this is a bug.... 

JonahW
by
New Contributor III

I reached out to ESRI about this issue and after some back and forth testing it was confirmed this is a bug affecting the iOS app. ( seems to be fine on Android) 

• Defect number: BUG-000149944
  • Synopsis: Searching by layer in ArcGIS Field Maps (mobile) no longer zooms to features on iOS devices but still works on Android devices

I was also having similar issues in the Map Viewer, although interestingly enough it  seemed to only affect point layers. A search on a line layer correctly zoomed in.  A bug has been created for this issue: 

• Defect number: BUG-000150936
  • Synopsis: In Map Viewer, a map display does not zoom to the location of the search result when a point feature is searched
ChrisBerryman
New Contributor III

I have found this issue but opposite.  It seems to work fine on iOS but doesn't work on Android devices. 

0 Kudos
PaulLohr
Occasional Contributor III

Hope this get fixed soon.

Does anyone know if this is a problem with the ArcGIS Runtime SDK for iOS? I am wondering if this and other bugs / inconvenient behavior could be corrected by writing an app.

0 Kudos