Select to view content in your preferred language

Filtering a numeric field in field maps

07-17-2024 10:31 AM
GayleNeufeld
Occasional Contributor

I appreciate being able to filter in field maps.  Is there any plan to be able to filter on a numeric field in field maps?  Our data is confidential, so we have to filter by our ID field so no other data shows up on the map.  ID fields are very often an integer field.  To get around this I'm adding a column to the attribute table as a text field, then I have to copy that text field to the proper ID field so that the data can go into our SQL Server database.  

0 Kudos
3 Replies
ChristopherCounsell
MVP Regular Contributor

Yes it's in the product plan. Please vote for this ArcGIS Idea and add a comment as to why your organisation needs it.

https://community.esri.com/t5/arcgis-field-maps-ideas/add-a-filter-widget-to-arcgis-field-maps/idi-p...

0 Kudos
GayleNeufeld
Occasional Contributor

We can already filter on text and date fields.  I just want to know if integer fields will be added to the existing filtering capability, and if so, when can I expect that.

0 Kudos
ChristopherCounsell
MVP Regular Contributor

Yes, it's in the product plan. 

There's several ArcGIS Ideas, exisiting support and discussion around this. The one linked above is the most active and ESRI have designated it as in the product plan - they've got it as something they'd like to introduce. I believe there's discussion in the comments about it not truly being released if support is limited to one string value... You can help add support to the request by voting for the idea and adding a comment.

As for when, there's no current indication as to a timeframe for release. It's possible they dropped some hints during the ESRI UC but I have not seen anything. Personally unless they explicitly say it's in the next release I don't really trust the timelines provided. Workforce integration was listed as Q2 2024, then Q4, now 2025.

Please help us by adding your support to the idea. Reach out to tech support and ask to attach your organisation to the associated enhancement request.

Hope that helps.

0 Kudos