Select to view content in your preferred language

Field Maps URLs: no reference context for adding a record to a related table?

03-18-2024 12:38 PM
HollyTorpey_LSA
Occasional Contributor III

Hi, 

I have a feature layer that includes bird nest point features and nest observations in a related table. One nest can have many observations added throughout the nesting season.

To make the process of adding a new observation to an existing nest more intuitive in Field Maps, I want to add a link to the popup of a nest feature that will launch the form for the related nest observation table (thanks @JeffShaner for suggesting the idea last week at the DevSummit) . I am following the instructions in the Deploy your map help documentation to build my URL, but it appears there is only a URL reference context parameter for adding related features, not related records in a table. Am I mistaken? I hope so!

Thanks in advance!

- Holly
2 Replies
ColinLawrence
Esri Regular Contributor

@HollyTorpey_LSA Perhaps the documentation is a little unclear in this area. "addRelatedFeature" works whether you are targeting a table or another feature class established by the relationship. I hope this helps!

Regards,
Colin
0 Kudos
HollyTorpey_LSA
Occasional Contributor III

Oh, joy! So glad to hear that. That was actually my initial assumption, but when I tried that, clicking my hyperlink produced an error saying that it was unable to add a feature because the specified layer couldn't be found. That made me think that it was only meant to add a feature, not a record in a table, which led to my post here. But you have given me hope, so I'll go back to trying to figure out where the real issue is. Thanks so much for posting!

- Holly
0 Kudos