Field Maps Update 22.2.0

05-04-2022 01:35 PM
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

We got the Field Maps 22.2.0 update last night. And this morning we can't edit any of our UN features. We get the attached error, "Arcade expression is invalid." We've been using the previous versions with no problem up until yesterday. And Collector still works also. I believe the error is referencing our Attribute Rules which are built with Arcade. However, the UN has many Attribute Rules and we've added several of our own. 

We are using iPads with Enterprise 10.8.1 and UN Version 4.

20 Replies
pnpferreira
New Contributor II

But could you give us a estimate to come out the next release? It's very important for us to define the next steps.

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

The next planned release is at the end of June. This issue will likely result in a hot-fix well before that - the Field Maps and Runtime dev teams are working on a fix.

A potential workaround is to check "Exclude from Application Evaluation" for the attribute rules in Pro. There's a post with more details about this option.

by Anonymous User
Not applicable

After quite a bit of investigation, Field Maps 22.2.1 for iOS and Android was released with a fix for this.

As mentioned earlier in the thread, another workaround is to check "Exclude from Application Evaluation" for all the attribute rules in Pro and then re-publish the service.

If you still experience issues with attribute rules in Field Maps, please create a new thread or open a support ticket.

CameronRex1
New Contributor II

This does not appear to be completely fixed in Field Maps 22.2.1 for iOS (Build 751). Still getting "Error: Arcade expression is invalid." when trying to submit attribute edit. The edited attribute is not subject to an attribute rule, but other attributes are, but are not being changed. Did not have this problem pre-Field Maps 22.2.0.

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Can you please work with support to get a case logged? It's likely something specific with your data.

As mentioned, there is a workaround if you check "Exclude from Application Evaluation" for the attribute rules and re-publish the service it should disable client-side evaluation of attribute rules.

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

I am also still getting the same error as before. This happens when adding new features and editing existing features. Using  Field Maps 22.2.1. 

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Does editing succeed in ArcGIS Pro with the same map and layers? It'd be good to isolate if it's a Field Maps specific issue or if there's a possible mis-configuration/publishing issue with the attribute rules.

0 Kudos
CameronRex1
New Contributor II

Editing does succeed in ArcGIS Pro using the same feature service.

Additionally, the attribute in which the edit is being made in Field Maps does not have an attribute rule associated with it. However, we do have attribute rules that calculate area, lat/long on update. It's likely more efficient to change the attribute expression to only calculate if geometry has changed. Once again, there is no problem in ArcGIS Pro, just the new Field Maps update.

I have not had a chance to log a support case yet, still dealing with other ESRI support issues.

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

So, we never had this issue until the last two releases of Field Maps. Previous versions of Field Maps worked fine and so does Collector. I logged the bug and apparently it was "fixed" and yet I was still encountering the same issue.

Through some testing, I realized that we had attribute rules which were being calculated based on their spatial relationship with other features. Here's the kicker, we didn't have those other features published in our services used in Field Maps. I recalled that we had this initial issue with Pro when we first moved to the UN last year. And we fixed that by publishing the UN service with that extra feature. So in the end, the fix was to publish the extra features which are used to calculate the attribute rules all in the same service. Or check the 3rd Party Application option.

I guess we were probably experiencing the issue all along but Collector and earlier versions of Field Maps never picked up on this issue until the last 2 releases.

EdwardMcFarlin
New Contributor II

I am having this same issue. Attribute Rules that once executed now present an error when trying to submit the edit in Field Maps. It still works fine in Collector and editing the feature service in ArcGIS Pro also works. Changing the Attribute Rules to "exclude from application evaluation" fixed the issue in Field Maps though.

0 Kudos