Select to view content in your preferred language

Field Maps: Stay Logged In

Jump to solution
07-10-2024 12:30 PM
CarsonMorton
New Contributor III

So my boss asked me to find out why Field Maps keeps requiring the field crew to log in.

I know logging in shouldn't be a big deal, but apparently this "Never" used to happen.

yes we have checked the box to stay logged in.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
DanielFox1
Esri Contributor

Hi @CarsonMorton 

A similar question noted in this community post 

https://community.esri.com/t5/arcgis-field-maps-questions/how-do-i-log-into-field-maps-when-offline/...

The solved answer here quotes

"ArcGIS Field Maps does support being disconnected for extended periods (e.g., 3 or more days). How long a user remains signed into the app while being offline will depend on how long the AGOL or enterprise portal token is valid for. This is a property set by the AGOL or enterprise portal admin.

FYI, ArcGIS Field Maps does not support signing into the app while being disconnected."

I feel this has the same relevance to your query, if you have a multifactor authenticator set up this may also result in users being logged out after a certain length of time.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
ShaneONeill_144
Esri Contributor

Is your Field Maps licensed via ArcGIS Online or Enterprise? It is worth making sure that everything is fully updated to the lastest versions to see if it is occurring then

0 Kudos
DanielFox1
Esri Contributor

Hi @CarsonMorton 

A similar question noted in this community post 

https://community.esri.com/t5/arcgis-field-maps-questions/how-do-i-log-into-field-maps-when-offline/...

The solved answer here quotes

"ArcGIS Field Maps does support being disconnected for extended periods (e.g., 3 or more days). How long a user remains signed into the app while being offline will depend on how long the AGOL or enterprise portal token is valid for. This is a property set by the AGOL or enterprise portal admin.

FYI, ArcGIS Field Maps does not support signing into the app while being disconnected."

I feel this has the same relevance to your query, if you have a multifactor authenticator set up this may also result in users being logged out after a certain length of time.