Field Maps not downloading all fields in table during sync

Jump to solution
06-23-2021 08:16 AM
KevinCeder
New Contributor

Hello Mind Hive!

I'm using Field Maps to collect forestry data over some large (~7,500) acres and have to use offline mode. There are four team members using Android tables and I am using an iPad. After the field crew collects their data and syncs the data I sync my iPad to do field checks. The problem is that not all of the fields for points are downloaded to my iPad after the sync. All of the attachments and only a handful of the fields are populated when I look at the data for a point when I select it in Field Maps. The data are on ArcGIS Online - I can seen them in the ArcGIS Online Map Viewer - but are not downloaded during the sync. The field crew using Android tablets is having the same issue.

Has anyone else run into this issue and, if you have, how did you resolve it?

TIA!

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Were the missing fields added after the offline area was created?

Sync does not include schema changes. If you are using the ad-hoc offline areas, you need to delete the existing area and re-create it on the device. If you are using pre-planned offline areas you need to delete the map area using Field Maps web (or ArcGIS Online) and then re-create it. You then need to remove it from the mobile device and then re-download it.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Were the missing fields added after the offline area was created?

Sync does not include schema changes. If you are using the ad-hoc offline areas, you need to delete the existing area and re-create it on the device. If you are using pre-planned offline areas you need to delete the map area using Field Maps web (or ArcGIS Online) and then re-create it. You then need to remove it from the mobile device and then re-download it.

0 Kudos