Field Maps is showing a different list of Items than Collector

Jump to solution
01-05-2021 10:49 AM
KevinMacLeodCAI
Occasional Contributor II

It seems Field Maps shows a different list of Items than what Collector shows. It is showing a lot more items, almost anything that my user is an owner of. I believe I see the reason. With Web Maps in Settings on the Item there was a checkbox for use with Collector. There is also now one for Field Maps. It seems Items are being enabled by default for Field Maps. We deploy Collector (and soon Field Maps) for end users and presenting them with a long list of new content which is not intended for use with Collector, will be confusing. We have many items; updating individually would be laborious. I was wondering if there is a way or a setting to make items shared with Field Maps if and only if they are enabled with Collector. In other words, to mirror them so they're synchronized. I imagine it could be done via Notebook but I also suggest this an Idea to be implemented as a Default behavior for AGOL in a future AGOL update and/or an optional universal setting for an Organization. In the mean time if there is a sample Notebook example Esri has that would be super useful and appreciated. (as some customers administer hundreds of Organizations and thousands of items) Thanks!

I love how Field Maps will unify all mobile apps in to one app. I'm looking forward to seeing all the others (123, Navigator etc) ported in. I think it will be very useful.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
TomSchwartzman
Esri Contributor

I should add that the web app for Field Maps allows you to select web maps and toggle their visibility in Field Maps.  This is not the same as mimicking the Collector status but does let you change status of web maps in bulk (a page of 20 web maps at a time).

TomSchwartzman_0-1609940026378.png

View solution in original post

2 Replies
TomSchwartzman
Esri Contributor

(note this is not an official Esri response, even though I work for Esri)

Kevin - 

I have a notebook/script in progress but it's not quite where I want it, and as written does not mimic the collector status but could be changed to do so.  Contact me offline if you like (tschwartzman@esri.com) and I can share it.   There are some issues I will lay out for you on how it works/how it could be used/issues etc.

Tom

TomSchwartzman
Esri Contributor

I should add that the web app for Field Maps allows you to select web maps and toggle their visibility in Field Maps.  This is not the same as mimicking the Collector status but does let you change status of web maps in bulk (a page of 20 web maps at a time).

TomSchwartzman_0-1609940026378.png