Field Maps form unable to display System fields (Editor Tracking)

Jump to solution
04-07-2022 01:28 PM
ahargreaves_FW
Occasional Contributor III

Hello

I have various system fields such as {CREATED_USER}, {LAST_EDITED_USER} or {ESRIGNSS_RECEIVER} displaying in my webmaps popups. However I am unable to pull these fields into a Field Maps form for display only.

Are only editable fields permitted within a Field Maps form and not read-only fields? If so why am I allowed to bring in an editable field then uncheck "allow editing" to make it read-only, but am not allowed to include a read-only field such as {CREATED_USER}?

@BrentPierce ? @Anonymous User ? @JeffShaner ?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
AlixVezina
Esri Regular Contributor

Apologies, while this information can be made available in the feature's pop-up, I am not familiar with any other workaround to display the attributes in the editor. I've done some testing on my end and I observe the same behavior you are describing.

If you require this capability moving forward, please log an enhancement request with Esri Support or create a new idea in ArcGIS Online Ideas - Esri Community

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
10 Replies
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

@ahargreaves_FWThis is by design since the form is primarily for editing. We originally only allowed editable fields in the form but then allowed you to make them not editable in the form.

What are you trying to show in the form?

0 Kudos
ahargreaves_FW

Hi @Anonymous User ,

I'm trying to show (as read only) various system fields such as {CREATED_USER}, {LAST_EDITED_USER} or {LAST_EDITED_DATE}. This helps field staff see who edited what and when when updating records.

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

@ahargreaves_FW  If you could use field or expression substitution within other form properties like description would that work for you?

0 Kudos
ahargreaves_FW

Hi @Anonymous User ,

I think so. Again I just want to show those system fields, not edit them as I understand they're managed by the system.

0 Kudos
ahargreaves_FW

@AlixVezina this issue is now presenting itself in the smart editor widget also.

• I have a feature with multiple related records.
  • I have no way to display which related record I'm editing as I can not display (only) system managed fields such as CREATED_BY or CREATED_DATE.
0 Kudos
AlixVezina
Esri Regular Contributor

@ahargreaves_FW This is also a limitation in Web AppBuilder for related records.

0 Kudos
ahargreaves_FW

@AlixVezina so no way around this problem?

0 Kudos
AlixVezina
Esri Regular Contributor

Apologies, while this information can be made available in the feature's pop-up, I am not familiar with any other workaround to display the attributes in the editor. I've done some testing on my end and I observe the same behavior you are describing.

If you require this capability moving forward, please log an enhancement request with Esri Support or create a new idea in ArcGIS Online Ideas - Esri Community

0 Kudos