Select to view content in your preferred language

Field Maps Form not used when editing multiple features

Jump to solution
11-11-2021 04:49 AM
HECAdmin
New Contributor III

I have a Form defined in the Field Maps web app that conditionally displays a required date field when a certain value is selected. When editing a single feature in the iOS app, this works as expected. When editing multiple features, it appears that Field Maps defaults back to the popup configuration defined in the map. How can I use the Field Maps form when editing multiple features?

15 Replies
FaithSJohnson
New Contributor III

Looking forward to this enhancement as well at NCDOT.

0 Kudos
CorryneVincent
New Contributor III

Do we know when we'll be able to use our smart forms when editing multiple features?

by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Has someone started an ArcGIS Idea for this functionality so that we can vote it up? When using the Edit Multiple function field workers have the ability to edit fields that I have indicated as uneditable in the form. I also have a calculate expression on one of my fields that isn't honoured - the completion date MUST to be set to the date/time that the feature is updated in the field. 

My use case is for a map that field workers use to indicate when potholes are filled. The edit multiple tool is necessary in this case as hundreds of potholes may be filled in a single day & the Completion Date is needed to indicate that we are meeting minimum maintenance standards for roads in our jurisdiction.

NormBetland
Occasional Contributor

I'm in a similar boat. I have two fields that need to be edited and two that don't. When I go to edit multiple, you can ONLY edit the two that don't need multiple, the other fields don't even show up at all. This is the most bizarre functionality and I can't imagine why ESRI thought it made sense not to be able to use the form we create when we are editing multiple features. I thought I could probably complete the task of editing thousands of parcels in a couple of days with edit multiple. Now I realize it will take me several months to a year in order to edit each one individually.

RobertAnderson3
MVP Regular Contributor

Have there been any updates on this?

I see there's an enhancement for this, I'm going to contact support and attach my organization to it, this is a pretty big oversight.

0 Kudos
FaithSJohnson
New Contributor III

Not that I know of but I'd like to put some ideas out here for how we'd like it to work.

1. Since you don't modify geometry when editing multiple, we wouldn't want to evaluate calculated fields that use geometry functions or spatial joins
  2. Have a check box in the form builder for each field to "include if edit multiple is enabled" - so that you have the option to exclude fields from the form when the user is editing multiple features
  3. When multiple features are edited, calculated fields need to be evaluated for each feature individually
  4. We have conditional visibility, conditionally required on forms; this needs consideration by Esri on how this should be handled when multiple features are selected that have different values.
0 Kudos